Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Flutter Sleeves + Bows On My Toes









Sometimes, a day just requires an outfit with a more feminine touch to it. Today was one of those days. Flutter sleeves, a pretty little pattern and darling bow slides, all grounded with some raw edge denim and a super versatile tote. 

I love not having to think about how certain pieces are going to work together and this outfit gives me all of that freedom and then some. I think the Loft top may actually be maternity? Who really cares though. It's super cute and I love the fit and style so, imma just gonna go with it!

I'm trying to get back into the mindset of really soaking in my family in the stage that we are in right now. I've felt my mind wandering a bit lately and, it makes me all sorts of anxious and stressed and just, a bit confused. I think those are all pretty normal things to feel when you're growing a family, and trying to decided whether or not to expand it more. It's a big decision and, one I don't take lightly. It almost feels like I've been thinking of nothing else these past few months, actually. And, I know that's not exactly good for me. But, the longing that I have for another baby is real. The yearning to grow another little one, to feel him/her wriggle and squirm inside my belly and to experience the joy of birth all over again, ugh... It's just detrimental at times when I think about how I may not get to do all of those things again. 

I don't think it's ever easy to let go of certain seasons of life. Especially big ones like having babies. Mostly because, once you're past that stage, you never get to go back. I mean, you eventually get to experience it in a whole new way with grandchildren, I know that. But, to not ever be pregnant again or hold your own newborn for the very first time or nurse your baby again. I loved all of those things so much. Thoughts of them just consume me at times...

Like I said though, I LOVE the season we are in now. And I know that the Lord has the perfect plan for our family. Whether it be what my heart longs for or not. Ultimately, I want my desires to line up with His, in all areas of my life. So, that's where I am. Maybe not what you were expecting when you popped over to read this post but, it's something that's been on my mind a lot lately and I just thought that maybe I should share it here.

Have a wonderful day friends! I pray you're able to enjoy it and really soak it in for all that it's worth.
- xoxo


| OUTFIT DETAILS |

TOP | Loft (thrifted) similar style here & here
CROP RAW EDGE JEANS | Rue 21
BOW SLIDES | Time & Tru (Walmart) LOVE the blush color ones!
EARRINGS | Nickel & Suede (old style) Similar color & style here
TOTE | Walmart (old) similar here


No comments:

Post a Comment