Monday, July 9, 2018

Mama-hood







I don't have much to share today, other than this fun dress I thrifted a while back. It's so cheerful and flowy, I just love it. Plus, it's loaded with different shades of pink soooo, that kind of makes it a must for me right now. ;)

I hope y'all had a lovely weekend! We spent the day on Saturday with some friends that just had their third baby a few weeks ago so, I got to snuggle him pretty much all day, which I loooooved. (He reminded me so much of my boys when they were tiny!) They live out on a farm that we hunt on so, Glen got some plot stuff done solo while the boys played with their two older children and their mama and I visited. She is such a sweet person and a really wonderful friend and I am so thankful they finally decided to make MO their home! 

I could not be more grateful for the incredible Mama friends in my life right now. I gain so much encouragement and wisdom from them all and I know that God has a purpose for placing them near me. I think as mamas, having someone who knows our struggles, big and small, plays a huge role in keeping our sanity sometimes. Being a mom is, without a doubt, one of the hardest things I've ever done but, it is also the very most rewarding. Especially when I get to share it with so many other wonderful mamas. If you don't have a circle (or at least one or two) mama friends near the same season of life as you, I encourage you to seek them out! You have no idea how uplifting a relationship like that can be for you. On the days when you feel like you're at your wits end, you've changed a dozen diapers, wiped up countless cups of spilled milk, you haven't showered in a week and your me time consists of "cleaning" the kitchen while the kids are occupied elsewhere because, who wants to hang out with a bunch of dirty dishes.. I hear you mama, I've been there. But, that's why a support system of like-minded women is so important to me. I can text them out of no where and they instantly remind me that I'm doing a great job through all my failures and mistakes. It's pretty incredible. The most wonderful part though is that they make my best days even better. They share in my joys and the little triumphs of our days and there is something to be said about women like that. 

Have a wonderful week mamas! I pray it's filled with rest and fun and soaking in those littles and the memories your making with them in the right here and now. <3 


| OUTFIT DETAILS |

DRESS | thrifted (Knox Rose brand) Here on Poshmark
HEELS | Liliana (similar here on Poshmark)
PURSE | Walmart (old sale find) similar here on Poshmark

No comments:

Post a Comment