Tuesday, July 5, 2016

More thankful thoughts + a little patriotic style







| OUTFIT DETAILS |

Almost Famous jeans
Faded Glory top
Fringe bag
Nine West sandals
Neck scarf | made by me

I always feel so nostalgic around the holidays. Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, Birthdays. They all bring back memories of the past years. Growing up, dating my hubby, our first year being married, our first Halloween with JD and the years following as we were blessed with more kiddos and watched them grow. It all goes by so fast. One thing Independence Day always makes me more thankful for is my family. Being able to live in this country and be free presently to raise our family and teach them about the Lord. I really fear that one day we'll no longer enjoy many of the freedoms we do today. I get online and scroll through facebook or instagram and articles pop up (you know those sponsored ones that people often share) and all they talk about are what's going wrong in the world and how our future looks pretty bleak. It makes me sad. And my heart aches for my children. I love them so deeply and even the thought of something happening where we couldn't be together anymore effects me so much I could almost swear it was already true.

I think about all those families. Fathers, mothers and children who have endured countless trials in the history of this earth and my heart rate quickens and I just want to hold my boys close and pray and pray. This world can be a scary place. The people in it even more so. But, I am so glad that I have a hope in the one who controls it all. My God is always looking out for me and only he knows what he has planned for my life. For my kids' lives. And all I can do is trust in him and that he will give us a future with him. In a place where there will be no suffering or pain or sadness or fear. I love this life of mine and I absolutely adore my family but, I am devoted to my God. And I pray each night that he will always and forever watch over and protect the ones I love. And he does. So, that I am thankful for. A God who doesn't disappoint and the freedom to believe in Him. 








For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper 
you and not to harm you. Plans for a future and a hope. 
        
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment