Monday, July 4, 2016

Patriotic Fourth of July






| OUTFIT DETAILS |

Chambray dress | smiliar here + here
Bass & Co sandals | similar here + here
Fringe bag | similar
Neck scarf | made by me

Happy Independence Day!! I love being able to celebrate this day with those that I love. Living in a country where we have so many freedoms and knowing there are so many people in the world that have no idea what it feels like to be free is a concept not at all lost on me. I try to enjoy and cherish what I have every day of my life. I may not be fabulously wealthy, have a million pairs of shoes or live in the grandest home in my little town but, I have a life that I wouldn't trade for the world. And living in the United States of America is a major part of that. 

Someone said in our church service yesterday that, "With everything being tried and tested these days, we may not always be free. But, we are free today and that is something to celebrate". I completely, 100 percent, whole heartedly agree with that. I love the USA and I love being able to raise my family here where we can, at least for now, attend the church of our choice, school our children at home, read our Bibles without fearing for our lives and feel safe when we lay down in our beds at night. We have those freedoms and those choices and, although I may not agree with all of the things that our government condones, I can still be grateful to live in this amazing country under this democratic government and the life it has allowed me to live. 

I may not know what the future holds but, one thing's for sure, I am blessed. I couldn't resist trying the neck scarf trend when I found this little piece of fabric and, though I'm not sure I'll be wearing it often, I like the little festive feel it gave to my outfit (along with my pretty flag bracelet my mom made me a few years ago). Anyway, have a safe, fun holiday with your loved ones and I pray you'll always choose to be thankful, even when the world makes it so unbelievably hard.

More patriotic shoe ideas here :

Women's Tex Fringe Gladiator Flat, Blue, hi-resWomen's Sinclair High Wedge, Red, hi-resWomen's Ivy City Sandal, Blue, hi-res

No comments:

Post a Comment