Monday, May 29, 2017

| Mounting Blessings |















It's hard to be thankful when you live in a country as blessed as ours. That's a hard truth to admit but it's so very spot on. I often think of the people, families, mothers, fathers, children, infants that live in more impoverished places all around the world and struggle daily to merely survive. When here we are, in one of the most prosperous nations in the entire world and have so many blessings at our fingertips that we simply choose not to notice. I often see the hashtag #firstworldproblems and although I've used it myself on occasion, what a wake up call it can be. 

Today more than ever I want to be intentional about showing my gratefulness for all that I've been given. For the big things and the small. To be able to call this incredible country home, to have the freedoms and rights that we do, to be able to worship the Lord openly and without persecution and to be able to raise my children in a land with so many abundant opportunities. All of this is not lost on me and I pray that I'm living the example my boys need to see everyday.

So many have sacrificed their dreams of a future so that I could live this blessed life of mine and my goodness I could not be more thankful. To live in a day and age where we have so little worries is such an incredible blessing. Although life has different challenges than it did fifty years ago, and they'll surely change again in the coming years, I am so thankful to be raising my children in the here and now. This family of mine is really all that I have and, at the end of the day, the truth is they belong to the Lord. Daily I pray that He'll guide me to do the very best I possibly can to show them His love for them and that they really can make a difference in this ever changing world that we live in. 

Mothering can just be so hard some days. The days when the little, mundane things start to pile up and we begin to feel as if we're drowning. The weeks and months that we've been neglecting our own needs to fulfill those of our family and we are so close to our breaking point that it feels almost impossible to get back. Then there's the days that the blessings are just mounting and we can literally feel stress melting away. Those are the ones that make it all worth it. When someone notices the little corner of the house that you cleaned or that you took the time to wash your hair or compliments the not so fancy dress you decided to wear just to make yourself feel a little more human. That's when my mind begins to focus and the fog starts to fade and I truly feel the weight of this incredibly blessed life. 

Thank you Lord for all that you've given me and THANK YOU to the military men and women who have literally given. it. all. Happy Memorial Day. #allgavesomesomegaveall 

Pictures by : Mindy Lucas (such a sweet person, talented photographer and a wonderful friend)

No comments:

Post a Comment