Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Living THIS Life






You may have noticed a little change in the name of my blog. I've felt for a while that Smalltown Seamstress just didn't encompass everything I had intentions to blog about. I love sewing and style but, I sometimes find that I don't post as often if I don't have an outfit or fashion tips to share. So, I thought I'd change things up a bit and I'm excited to see where it takes me. I still plan to share styling tips and outfit inspiration here but, you'll also find encouraging words on motherhood, being intentional about life and the decisions we're making, little life updates, diy projects and how we school our children at home. I don't intend for this space to become a "how to" blog or a place for me to stand on my soap box. I just want to feel free to share more of what's on my heart, when some of the content is not centered around fashion. 

That being said, I hope you'll continue to follow along here. Fall is upon us and, with that, my favorite season. Layering, boots, cozy blankets, chilly days, hayrides and fall festivals, hot chocolate and feeling that laid back schedule something fierce. I love it. It will officially begin in just a few days but, here in Missouri we're still in the midst of a little heat wave. (what happened to the 70 degree temps they had at home while we were on vacay??)  

I'm trying not to wish away the last few days of summer but, I just can't help but bring some fall pieces into my wardrobe to help it along a little. This amazing cardigan was a five dollar find at Rue21. LOVE it. I've worn it more than a few times already and I know it will be on major repeat when chillier weather comes to stay. It's breathable and lightweight but still very cozy. It's perfect to layer in and easy to throw over almost any neutral outfit. The blush color is still very much in style right now and I'm glad because it may be one of my favorites ever. 

Another favorite part of this outfit are my Nickel & Suede large leather earrings in Lipgloss. They are seriously life changing. I have three pair now and wear them all on heavy rotation. If you haven't tried them, you're missing out!! They're that good. 

I'll be sharing some about our beach vacay here soon, we had the BEST time. I won't get into all of that now but, look for a post or two all about it. Sometimes I seriously question why we don't live near the beach. It doesn't even have to be a warm beach. I'd love to live in Cape Cod or some small coastal town in Maine. It's literally what my dreams are made of....


| OUTFIT DETAILS |

(Most items are not available anymore so, I've linked similar items in place of them.)


No comments:

Post a Comment