Friday, October 26, 2018

Sweater Crushes




Sweater weather, crisp mornings, warm cocoa, comfort food, cozy evenings by the fire, snuggling under blankets, warm hues and rich colors everywhere. There's so much to love about autumn. I've always been a "the more layers, the better" type of girl so, I am in my element during those borderline chilly months. I'm probably the happiest sitting with boys in a sweater and leggings with my cozy fur house boots, a fuzzy blanket and a cup of hot cocoa, watching Christmas movies on repeat and snuggling the night away. What can I say, it's what I love.

I've thrifted some of the BEST sweaters lately. Most off of the dollar rack at my favorite local consignment shop. Seriously though, I've been living in them with this amazingly cool weather we've been graced with. It took a while getting here but, FALL has finally decided to stick around!



One look I've always loved but never tried is the whole "black jeans" thing. I think it looks super cute but, I could never find a pair I felt good in. I recently found a pair on Walmart.com and had actually decided to go ahead and grab them when I made a last minute stop into the thrift store. That's where I found these and one other pair of stretchy black jeans on the DOLLAR wrack! They fit perfectly and feel sooooo great, even after hours of wear. This pair I left as is, they're a little long but, I can simply roll the bottom a little for the look I want. The other pair, I distressed a bit and I love them just as much. 

I think it's so important not to jump into a trend or style just because you've seen it on everyone else and you think, "it looks great on them, of course it will on me!". I'm not saying whatever it is won't look good on you, I'm just saying, as with anything, doing something because someone else has success with it rarely works out. I'm so glad I didn't jump the gun and purchase a pair of jeans I would later turn out to hate. I waited (and waited and waited) until I came across the exact right pair and now, they're one of my favorite pieces to wear. I know I'm talking about a pair of jeans but, seriously, how our bums look in jeans can sometimes make or break our day, am I right?! LOL 

I'm going to link a few really gooooood sweaters I'm crushing on along with these super stretchy black jeans below if you guys want to do a little shopping! Happy happy almost weekennnnnd!!


| OUTFIT DETAILS |

sweater | thrifted (similar here)
jeans | Rue 21 (thrifted)
shooties | JC Penney
earrings | made by a friend (similar from Nickel & Suede here)
purse | thrifted (Steve Madden, similar style here)

        Image result for umgee usa sweaters Rib & Pointelle Stitch Sweater,                        Main,                        color, MUSTARD  

No comments:

Post a Comment