Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Fall Wish List / What I'm Reading / Movie Crushes

FALL WISH LIST -

Fall brings out all of my very favorite things and always leaves me yearning for more. More cool, crisp mornings, more gorgeous hues and warm colors, more pumpkins, more cozy sweaters and more afternoons and evenings doing nothing but enjoying it all. Fall is by far my favorite time of year (although Christmas is a close second). I always feel like it rushes by so quickly and I can never quite get enough of it. So, this year, I decorated my home a bit early, I went through my collection of sweaters to be sure I was prepared and I've already gotten a start on movies and books that I love to read when the weather cools down. 

I'm sharing some inspiration pieces for my closet in the next few weeks below. Some I own, some I don't (yet) but love and hope to one day call mine. Easy dresses, flattering skirts, comfortable yet chic boots, lots of layers, fun accessories and comfy sweaters. All fall staples of mine.



Image result for corduroy skirt

Image result for leather jacket


Image result for sam edelman circus otk boots

Slide View: 1: Anthropologie Salma Beaded Clutch

Product Image



WHAT I'M READING -

I just finished a really great book called, "The Last Summer (Of You and Me)" and was honestly so sad when it was over. It's the kind of book that sometimes takes a minute to get into but, once you're accustomed to the author's writing style, you just can't put it down. It was sweet and rash and honest and could not have had a better ending. I loved it.

Since finishing it, I've just begun "Lilac Girls". I thrifted it for a dollar a few months ago and, while I've been anxious to start reading it, I put it off for a bit. I think the whole story line and setting was a bit emotionally intimidating for me. World War Two and the Holocaust (among many other time periods) have always intrigued me in so very many ways. I love watching movies and reading books centered around that time in history. I also feel such an emotional connection to the lives and stories of young mothers and families that it's difficult for me to get through them without losing it. But, I very cautiously started it last night and think I'm really going to love it. 

One of my favorite series to read is by Lilian Jackson Braun. "The Cat Who" is really just fantastic and once you read one, you'll immediately be hooked. I love reading the ones set in the fall every year. I also linked a couple others I haven't yet read but that look to be so good.

Image result for lilac girls  First Frost: A Novel by [Allen, Sarah Addison] Autumn Lover (Only Book 5) by [Lowell, Elizabeth]

MOVIE CRUSHES -

Don't we all have those few movies (and tv shows) we religiously watch every fall that just put us in the mood and make the season that much truer? I know I do. Among them are : You've Got Mail, P.S. I Love You, When Harry Met Sally, Message In A Bottle, Stepmom, Gilmore Girls, a select few Friends episodes (though I love them all), the list goes on and on. 

Image result for youve got mail movie Image result for stepmom movie Image result for p s i love youmovie Image result for gilmore girls

Of course, I love taking my boys to all the fall festivals and pumpkin patches we can make time for. It's such a magical time of year. I've already brought back three loads of pumpkins (and mums) for my front porch and, if I'm being honest, I could keep going. I just love it!

What are some things you do each fall to embrace the season? I'd love to add more must-do's to my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment