Thursday, September 27, 2018

More Intention, Less Worry






 

Hey there! I know posts have been few and far between lately. I've had so many thoughts swirling around inside my head that, sometimes I just can't settle down my mind enough to share here. I don't want to put a "damper" on life but, I still want this space to be real and genuine. Does that make sense? 

To be honest, I've been feeling a little more stressed than normal these past few weeks and I've really hated it. Like, why do I let the freaking world get to me sometimes? So, I've been doing my best to push out thoughts of negativity and really trying to focus on being present and whole for myself and my family. 

And, it's been so rejuvenating! I've gotten house projects done that I've had on my "list" forever (see last post for some of those!), I've sewn a ton, I've taken a step back and really put some thought into what I wear and why I wear it (that may seem silly to some but, intention has been key for me lately), I've made more time for reading (something that I truly cannot get enough of), I've been prepping for bow season here in MO (and finally shot and recovered my first two deer this past week!) and have just been trying to keep things super intentional. I just know that this life we're given is so very short. And, I really don't want to miss it.

I've also been trying to let loose of the reigns a little these past few months with the boys. They're getting older (much to my dismay..) and, I want them to have more freedoms as they grow. They've earned it and show us everyday how they can be responsible and make good choices so, I know it's time to allow them a bit more room for mistakes. Having less control myself though, unfortunately, leads to more anxiety and worry on my part. So, I've been trying to leave that with the Lord as well. He can take such better care of my boys than I can so, I know they're in good hands. It's just one of the hardest (and simultaneously coolest things) as a mom to watch your children grow and the ways they need you change. That's probably the hardest part for me, personally. The not being wholly needed all the time. Twenty four, seven. I actually have time for myself every now and then and, honestly? Sometimes I really love it. But, then there are times when I absolutely hate it. Ugh, it's such a difficult thing to balance. Any fellow mamas out there have some good advice? I'd seriously love you for it.

We have been doing so great these past few weeks though. We just seem to be in a really happy place with our family and that I am cherishing as much as I possibly can.

Oh! And, our next big project isssss : A TREE HOUSE!! The boys (and me really) could NOT be more excited. I always longed for a tree house as a child and know that they are going to make so many incredible memories in it as the years go by. I can't wait to share progress photos and an update when it's all done!


| OUTFIT DETAILS |

dress | Express (used here on Poshmark)
otk boots | Charlotte Russe (old, very similar style here)
purse | thrifted (similar here)
earrings |  Nickel & Suede (size large)

No comments:

Post a Comment