Thursday, February 25, 2016

Chambray + Wool





| OUTFIT DETAILS |

GH Bass Co Sandals (old)

Hats are hugely on trend right now and, although I love the look, I've always kind of struggled with wearing them. I have two different fedoras that I've had for a long time but hardly ever wear. I've decided that it may be the thin brim they both have. It just doesn't frame my face very well. When I found this one on sale though, I instantly loved it. The wider brim makes it easier for me to wear with more outfit combinations and I don't feel like my face/head look "boxy" for lack of a better word.

So, how do you know what kind of hat will work best for you? Well, I've done a little research and, here's a couple of articles you may find handy in picking what will look good on you!


Would you ever wear a hat? I've had a few hats given to me and, now that I know more about how to wear them, I can definitely see myself adding them to outfits more often. Especially as my hair grows (and starts coming back in). I know, I know, I just cut it off. But, if I'm being honest? I have seriously been missing the long length I had before chopping it. I had been growing it out for over a year so to go so short all of a sudden was a bit of a shock. I do love it. It's different, modern and, as a friend put it, sassy. Haha. And, I'm having fun learning new ways to style it. But, it's taken me waaayyy out of my comfort zone. Which could be good and bad I think. It definitely makes me think more about what I wear and how it accentuates my face. But, with all this post partum hair loss (good grief, I just know I'll be bald if it doesn't stop soon!!) it's been a bit difficult to feel comfortable in my own skin. A friend told me that it's understandable to feel that way because most people kind of hide behind their hair. Uhm, yea that was me. All. The. Way. I have never dyed, highlighted or bleached my hair ever. Since it is my natural color and it's not damaged, it's always been this part of me that I really loved. It's so soft, easy to manage and, when it gets long, makes me feel like a million bucks. Why did I cut it then? Well, I knew I wanted something different but, I don't think I really thought about how different this was before I decided to just do it. Next time, phew, I'm going to think it through a lot more. I told my sister, I think I'll try layers instead of chopping it. Haha. 

I'm still having fun with this cut though. I mean, what else can you do? I'm still Nichole. The mom to four unbelievably sweet boys. That contractor's wife. The one who some people call "Barbie". Yea, that's me. I haven't changed, so why do I feel so effected by it. Seriously, self love can be tough. Let's all just compliment ourselves today and learn to be happy with us. I mean really happy. Don't let it depend on how well your hair cooperated this morning, what outfit you put together and how you're wishing you wore something different, or what is on your agenda for the day. Just be happy to be alive and blessed to be you. There's a quote I love, " Be yourself, everyone else is already taken ". Oh how true that is. If everyone was the same the world would be a pretty boring place. God bless and I pray you can be content just being YOU today!

Womens  Medium Wash Denim - MeronaWomen's Midi shirt dress with convertible sleeve - Who What Wear ™ - ChambrayWomen's Wool Safari Fashion Hat


No comments:

Post a Comment