Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Sunday Style : dressing up a solid tee







| OUTFIT DETAILS |

Danskin solid white top
Antonio Melani crochet detail skirt
Wild Diva pumps
Victoria's Secret fringe bag

It can be difficult to keep my outfit looking fresh while corralling four boys through Sunday school, morning service and the time in between. My hubby is a huge help and I've even been able to lead the morning worship more often lately after taking a break when Tyler was first born. One key component I notice in my outfit planning lately is that I seek pieces that are comfortable. I want to look and feel put together without necessarily putting in a lot of effort. And that can be tough sometimes. Especially when you wake up an hour after your alarm has silenced itself. Ugh.

On those mornings when I'm feeling especially low maintenance, I turn to a simple combination that can be easily dressed up for church, then down again for the afternoon. A solid tee and a skirt. Seriously, one of the easiest outfits you can wear. Just by adding heels, some jewelry and a cute bag, I was ready to go. In this case I also wore a pretty trench coat over it since it was freezing and SO windy outside. And, it was one hundred percent nursing friendly, which is also somewhat difficult to plan sometimes. 

I chose these pretty earrings that I received as a gift a few Christmases ago (and have yet to wear, though why I'm not sure) and they did a great job of elevating my look. The simple bangle paired great with it and finished off my outfit perfectly. I love the crochet detail in the skirt and it is so, so comfortable. The tee is pretty much like wearing jammies and, at only $3 on clearance, it was totally worth the cost. Simple basics like it are always a win when you can pair them with so many different layering pieces in almost every season. And, the longer length is just right for a skirt, slacks or with denim. As a boy mom, I'm always on the lookout for things that will make getting myself ready easier and basics like this are at the very top of that list.

What are your go-to pieces when you're not in the mood (or running late from a missed alarm) to spend a lot of time primping?

Bling Jewelry Simulated Blue Jade Resin Double Stud Earrings Gold Plated


No comments:

Post a Comment