Thursday, April 21, 2016

Back to the Basics










| OUTFIT DETAILS |

ME:

Michelle Stuart sweater | thrifted
Almost Famous Jeans | similar
Cato cargo jacket | thrifted (similar)
Fringe bag | sold out but similar here
Tommy Hilfiger ankle boots | similar
Bass Pro earrings | similar

TYLER :

Carter's shirt | thrifted
Children's Place jeans | thrifted

As a mom of four boys, seven and under, it can sometimes be hard to find the time to get myself presentable before stepping out of the house (go figure). I love having some great closet staples I can fall back on when I'm too rushed or busy dressing little bodies to search my clothes for something cute for myself. For me, the basics mean simple, comfy, not too ordinary or plain jane and layering. Always layering. Every piece I'm wearing here is easily interchangeable and works well with lots of other outfit combinations. 

Some great staples (for early spring, late fall) that I love are :
  • A CARGO/ARMY JACKET OR VEST | 1 | 2 | 3 |
  • BLACK & WHITE STRIPED TOP OR DRESS | 1 | 2 | 3 |
  • DISTRESSED DENIM | 1 | 2 | 3 |
  • NEUTRAL SHOES | 1 | 2 | 3 |
  • NEUTRAL BAG | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Of course there are many, many more that I could add to this list. With the current cool morning, not quite hot through the day season, these would be my top picks on items to wear any day, everyday. Those basics could definitely change for warmer months and occasions though. Instead of boots, maybe have a good pair of sandals and a neutral flat that will work with many outfits. Trade out the distressed jeans for some boyfriend shorts or a neutral skirt and instead of the jacket, choose a lightweight vest to layer with. By also choosing pieces with a little detail, you'll add a bit of interest to an otherwise boring outfit. You could pair a solid, light colored top with a more detailed jacket or vest for a great combo as well. Really, so many options. Once you find those basics that you love, it makes dressing in the morning so. much. easier. Trust me. 

What basics do you love? Anything here you tend to stay away from? I'd love to hear from you!!




No comments:

Post a Comment