Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Long sleeve peplum + fringe bag







| OUTFIT DETAILS |

Peplum top | made by me (I took my inspiration from this one)
Maurices skinnies | thrifted & tailored by me (similar here)
scarf | thrifted
Nine West sandals | thrifted (similar here)
Fringe bag | sold out but similar here & here
Stud earrings | similar

I've been crushing big time on fringe and peplum lately. This outfit combined both of those perfectly. I love how this top came together using the same tutorial from my Floral Peplum Top, only adding sleeves using a long sleeve top I have as a pattern. The fabric is stretchy and soft and worked great for a casual top like this. I can seriously wear it all day and be as comfy as ever. Since it's a darker color, I decided to pair it with these white skinnies I thrifted a while back and tailored to fit better after our Tyler was born (but that's a whole other post). I love how they fit now and am so glad I took the time to finally take them in where they needed it. And, to me, white jeans just scream spring. They can brighten up any color and make it warm weather ready just by using the right accessories. 

Also, I finally found some great white sandals! These are Nine West and, at first I wasn't too sure about the post going up between my toes. I tend to love the gladiator style and that's really what I was looking for but, when I saw these in my size I thought, I might as well try them on. And, who would've known that I really do love them. They're daintier than gladiator sandals and have a little gold detail to fancy them up a tad. A great find and they'll go well with so many spring and summer outfits. I'm also looking forward to styling them with maxis in the coming months and while we're at the beach in a few short weeks. 

I also really love this bag. The faux leather fringe, the size, the length of the straps, the color. Everything about it fits what I love in a bag and it's pretty so that's a bonus. I can fit my Bible study things inside without taking out my everyday essentials and it's lightweight so it doesn't weigh heavily on my shoulder. Since it was a sale find, the price was great too (under $10) and that's always a must.

What styles and trends are you loving right now and how are you implementing them in your wardrobe? Anything you're afraid to pair together in fear that it wouldn't work? You never know until you try right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment