Thursday, August 4, 2016

Date Night + Some New Beauty Products









| OUTFIT DETAILS |

Pink Blush tunic dress | Pink Blush (site down)
Almost Famous jeans | similar
Liliana cutout heels | Pink Blush (site down)
blush cross body | similar

Sometimes your hubby asks you on a last minute date night and, occasionally, you have time to spare after dinner to grab a few blog photos in town. I love going out with my guy, just the two of us, and while it doesn't happen nearly enough, I'm thankful we can make time for it as often as we do. Even if it's just dinner, a little walk down commercial street and a Walmart run to get some new movies, it's nice to spend a little time sans kiddos. 

While fall is still a few weeks away, all of this nsale business has me seriously craving some cooler weather and warmer, richer toned pieces. So, I improvised a little and styled this Pink Blush tunic dress with my favorite distressed skinnies and these pretty Liliana laser cutout heels, although I can't wait to style it with ankle boots soon! I love this look. The floral pattern is one of my favorites right now and the bag and bracelet add just the right amount of blush. 

If you noticed in my last post, I finally got my hair trimmed and evened out a bit and it is growing out really nicely now. It felt kind of short in the back at first but, it grows so fast and I can already tell it's going to be much easier to get long again with this bob style. I tried out a few new beauty products for this post as well and I'm loving them so far. I don't spend a lot on makeup but, I try not to go without the basics either. Here's what I tried for the first time :

Neutrogena Skinclearing Mineral Powder, Natural Beige 60, 0.38 oz

I was using one kind of powder foundation that I really loved but then it wasn't in stock when I went to purchase more this last time. So, I decided to try Neutrogena's Skin Clearing Mineral Powder and I am so impressed. It goes on light and smooth and doesn't clog my pores. I've been using it in this humid MO heat and it hasn't "melted" in the slightest and I've noticed improvement in my blemishes. I'll definitely purchase it again. 

FLOWER D.B. DAILY BRIGHTENING UNDEREYE COVER CREME, 0.34 OZ

I needed new undereye concealer and I was getting tired of what I usually use. I decided to try out the Flower Daily Brightening under eye cream and am so happy I did. It goes on with a little roll, blends well and really does the job. Love it.

Almay Intense I-Color Gel Smooth Liner, .04 oz

Since you're supposed to change out your eye makeup every so often, I figured it was way past time to get something else so I decided to try some new eyeliner and mascara. I chose Almay's Intense i-color gel smooth liner and it is awesome! I love the look it gives. 

Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara, Thickening, Waterproof, Black 421, 0.4-Ounce Package

Lastly, I tried Almay's one coat thickening mascara and it is the best! I don't know why I never tried it before because it is my favorite of everything I purchased. It doesn't clump or flake and really makes my eyes pop. I have naturally long lashes and they're not really thin either but, the way it covers quickly without all the mess is really great. Definitely a repeat purchase in the future. Besides the items listed above, I used my other everyday products and came up with a look that I was super happy with. Easy everyday routine and easy on the budget. I'll link them below in case you're interested. And, the eye makeup remover I was so excited about when I purchased it is a winner! It is so gentle and really removes everything. 

This date night was one for the books though. We talked, flirted, sat beside each other in a booth at dinner, walked hand in hand looking in shop windows and joked around the whole time. He is my sweetheart and I don't know where I'd be without him. I'm so thankful for the Lord and how he has blessed me with this man and my boys with their daddy. He's a keeper for sure and I love him with all my heart.

Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palettee.l.f. Cosmetics Eyebrow Kit, Medium, 0.24 ozAlmay Clear Complexion Concealer, Light/Medium
NYC Smooch Proof 16HR Lip Stain, 495 Endless Spice, 0.1 fl ozMaybelline Baby Lips Crystal Lip BalmAlmay Longwear & Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover Pads, 120 count

No comments:

Post a Comment