Sunday, September 25, 2016

Bringing in Fall Tones w/ Eyelet + Lots of Texture






CHAMBRAY TOP (similar) // EYELET SKIRT (sold out but this one's similar)
SUEDE BOOTIES (similar here + here) // FAUX FUR CLUTCH (made by me)

This Sunday style look is from a couple of weeks ago but, I still love it. And that's how I know it's blog worthy (lol). Any outfit that includes eyelet, suede, a pretty necklace and some chambray definitely falls into my favorites category. Especially when I can wear it during my very favorite season of the year. Now that it's officially fall and the predicted temps next week are going to start feeling like it, I am ready to jump one hundred and fifty percent into all out autumn decorating, baking, dressing and plan making.

For our family, that will most likely mean lots of homemade applesauce, spending loads of time outside in the perfect weather, attending every fall festival we possibly can, picking pumpkins, teaching the boys how to rake (and jump into) leaf piles, hayrides, picnics, evening movies and game nights when the sun starts going down earlier than bedtime and so much more. I'll be looking at event pages the next few weeks and planning as many field trips and family days as I can, when the hubby and I aren't sitting in the deer stand. I'm so not kidding when I say that this really is my favorite season.

It's amazing to me how much style really changes with the end of summer and beginning of fall. We're hurrying away from sleeveless tops and swing dresses and running, full throttle, toward boots, leggings and those perfectly cozy sweaters. I love taking a few summer pieces with me in those early weeks of fall to help it seem more gradual a transition and something like this outfit works really well for that. A light and airy skirt that is a great length but still very breathable paired with a long sleeve top I would usually use to layer or tie around my waist in the summer, works for those in between days with the sleeves rolled and a necklace on top. (Tip: Although I usually would wear one, no undershirt or cami makes this an even cooler transition look. That way you're not roasting as the temps climb mid afternoon.) Just pair with your favorite neutral ankle booties and maybe a textured clutch or tassle bag and you'll be cool and comfy while going right along with the season.

I also love this skirt with a button up tied in the front instead of tucked in. I wore it like that yesterday with a pair of neutral sandals and my favorite tassle cross body and it was perfect. Fall, there are so many options! Look for A TON of outfit inspiration in the coming weeks that just scream fall and all things cozy. And, can we talk about the colors I've seen popping up the last few weeks?! The pantone color report has me starry eyed and I've been dreaming of sewing something (anything!) in Fireball (21 on the list below). Sandpiper, Patch of Sky, Peacock Feather, Star Anise and Glowing Embers are more of my favorites. But, really, I love them all. What are you loving and planning to style in the upcoming weeks for fall?!

Image result for fall colors 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment