Friday, September 9, 2016

Pretty in Pink Peplum








| OUTFIT DETAILS |

Pink Peplum Top | made by me (inspiration from this one + this one)
Almost Famous Jeans | similar
Tassle Purse | Jane.com (deal expired but I love this one from Kohl's)
Slip on Sandals | Charlotte Russe (sold out but similar here)
Necklace | Lisa Leonard
Blush Link Bracelet | Viva La Jewels

I've sewn a few peplum tops for myself over the last several months but none of them even come close to this one. It all started when I saw a post from the lovely Liz Adams featuring a pretty bell sleeve peplum (that I still plan to copy almost completely in the near future) and I fell head over heels for it. Just not the price tag. So, I went in search of some white fabric but, never found anything I loved. I did, however, find this pretty pink kind while in the store one day and it hit me, this would be perfect! I stayed up half the night sewing this little thing together so I could wear it to town the next morning and oh my, was it worth it. Besides the fact that it's one of my favorite colors, the fabric is soooo soft, lays perfectly, shows off the peplum exactly how I'd hoped and (aside from a little wrinkling from wear) it can really stand a full day of chasing my boys around. I shortened the length from what I tend to stick to and I like where this one hits me. It's just slightly longer in the back than the front but I don't feel like it makes my smaller frame look too "squated" for lack of a better term.

Pairing the feminine detail of the top with a little edgy, distressed denim gave me just what I was looking for, especially when I added this pretty blush enamel bracelet from Viva La Jewels and my favorite Lisa Leonard necklace. The tassle on the bag along with the neutral color really just made this outfit for me. Totally a no brainer and definitely worth repeating in the future, only I hope to swap out the sandals for some cute booties as soon as fall weather sticks around for good! Back to these sandals though, they're the best. I snagged them on major sale from Charlotte Russe online a few weeks back and they go with literally everything. From dresses, to skinnies, to capris, they are the perfect neutral shoe. And the slightest hint of shimmer on the second strap gives them a little something else that I just love.

I used the same method I generally use for almost everything I sew to make this and it's really, incredibly simple. Pop over to Merrick's Art and read her sewing tutorial for a very similar top to see what I mean. I'm not even kidding, she's so inspiring you'll be wanting to buy alllll the fabric so you can sew to your hearts content. Is it just me, or is sewing addicting?! 


3 comments: