Sunday, September 4, 2016

September Florals







| OUTFIT DETAILS |

Floral Dress | jane.com (deal expired but more great options here, here + here)
Olive Military Jacket | Twenty One (thrifted - these are great also 1, 2, 3)
Nude Pumps | Mossimo (thrifted but I love these, these + these are so cute)
Tassle Bag | jane.com (deal expired but other great options here + here)

When I think of transitioning my closet to fall, I don't want to just jump into sweaters and boots. Besides the fact that Missouri weather won't allow for that this early in the season, I like to take a more gradual approach. Mixing florals with some great fall basics is one way to start gearing more towards those richer tones and layered looks and feel less summery. This floral swing dress is everything and so perfect for that fall transition. The darker florals make it super easy to style with olive jackets, nude or tan booties and darker bags. 

I gifted this dress to myself while the hubby was on his big Alaska trip and I don't regret it one bit. It is perfect. So soft and stretchy, the perfect length and the floral pattern is my absolute favorite. It works well on it's own with some simple sandals or neutral booties but also looks great with some light layers, like I styled it here. Seriously such a closet staple and one that I will be using as a pattern plenty in the future to make more similar dresses. I just love the silhouette of the swing dress. It is so very flattering and literally looks good on everyone. 

Now I'm impatiently waiting for my hair to reach my shoulders and beyond so I can feel a little more confidence styling it. Kind of weird, isn't it. When your hair is in a less than ideal phase it can really effect how you look at yourself and style certain items. Yea... Happy September!! Can't you just smell fall in the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment