Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Glimpses of Grace





I'm being constantly reminded to cherish my family these days. It's like, I see little (and really huge) glimpses of all of my blessings amidst the chaos of this world and, all I want to do is stay home and snuggle my boys. Life is simply too short to waste our time worrying about all the little ifs, ands or buts. (does that make sense?...) All of the really insignificant things that sometimes seem so huge to us in the moment but, looking back, really just don't matter. 

I get on social media and see such scary, heart wrenching things happening all around me. I go on google and the most recent front page stories are right in my face and I don't even have a desire to read them. I can't remember the last time I watched the news. I've sort of disconnected from as much of those things as possible. Sometimes I feel like I've put myself into this tiny little bubble and, to be honest, I'm comfortable here.

Maybe it's the season of motherhood that I'm in right now or, maybe it's how upside down the world truly is but, I find that anything I watch or read that has something to do with losing an infant/child just knocks me down. Like, I can't contain the tears. Life can just be so terribly sad sometimes but, that's life I guess. The Bible doesn't say it will be easy. It just says that it will be worth it. And so, I'll cling to that.

We live in a pretty backward world nowadays. And it can be so easy to get caught up in all that's going wrong. But, then I put my phone down and take a little glance at what's right in front of me. And I'm reminded of the love of my Savior. He loved me enough to bless me with an incredible life. I don't just mean the material things, though I thank the Lord for them daily. I have my family here with me. My husband, my four, healthy children. My parents and grandparents and extended family, church family and friends. I'm surrounded by the people I love and that love me in return. I've had hard times, don't get me wrong. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about that little baby waiting for me in heaven. Who he or she would have been and what they would have looked like. What the Lord would have done in their little life. But, I know a God who is bigger than all of my sorrow. He knows the innermost part of me. All of the ugly, messy bits. Everything that I will experience and endure in my lifetime. How I wouldn't really understand how much I needed Him and try my best to get by on my own. He sees my failures and when I just don't have the strength to go any further. Yet, he still chose to die for me. 

...

In the world we live in today, I just don't understand how anyone, especially mamas, can live and breath without knowing the love of the Lord. Without his perfect peace living in their hearts everyday. That's all that gets me through. I can love my children with all that I have, set boundaries and rules to keep them safe, give my all to bring them up in church and do my best to guide them down the right road but, when it comes right down to it? It's all up to God. He holds the people that mean the absolute most to me in the palm of his mighty hands. And oh how calming that is to my mama heart. I'm so so thankful for it. 

Today, I pray that you'll hold those babies a little longer and snuggle those kiddos a little tighter. We never know when it will be our time to go home. But, I pray that we'll do the best we can to be ready. I've heard it said, "You only live once. But, if you do it right, once is enough". Well, I want my once to be enough. Thank you, Lord, for your forgiveness and grace upon this mess of a mama. Help me strive to be closer to you every single day. Happy Tuesday sweet friends! All the prayers for health and happiness to you and yours. 




| OUTFIT DETAILS |

RUFFLE DRESS | H&M (also love this one, this one + this one)
OTK BOOTS | CHARLOTTE RUSSE (last yr) (love these)
TASSEL BAG | JANE.COM (similar)
NECKLACE | RUE 21 (old) (very similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment