Friday, July 17, 2015

Birthday party recap


I love planning birthday parties for my boys. It's something that is really special to our family and I want to plant those great memories in their little heads for years to come. It's been a few months/weeks, but I realized I had never really shared any of the fun details from their parties this year! Well, I have to remedy that!

 For Lucas and Blake, we planned a joint party (they're only 8 days apart so it's kind of a given when they're small) again this year. They are both a bit indecisive when it comes to things they want/like (they LOVE everything!) so, I decided to surprise them with a fun airplane theme. Wouldn't you know it, they had a blast! And, because the light was gorgeous that day, I was able to get some really great shots to remember it.











For JD's birthday, he decided on a Ninja Turtle theme. I'll admit, I've never planned a character themed party before. I've always gone off of a general idea and it's made it super easy. But, a Ninja Turtle theme? I was pretty stumped for a while. After searching Pinterest, I quickly realized that every TMNT themed party was exactly the same. I knew I didn't want that to be the case here so, I took inspiration, made it really simple and ended up with a great party that went over really well. And, the birthday boy loved it so that was the important thing anyway!






We don't do big fancy parties at our house but we have those we love over to help us celebrate and always have a great time! How about you? Does your family have any special birthday traditions?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This zebra themed baby shower looks just amazing. Want to throw my sister a baby shower at one of LA venues. Planning to go with this zebra theme as it looks elegant. Would love to implement some for your ideas there. Thanks for sharing this awesome post.

    ReplyDelete