Sunday, July 5, 2015

God Bless America!

Independence Day. One of the most celebrated holidays in this country of ours. The United States of America. Many have said that the USA is the greatest country in the world. In many ways I would have to agree. We are blessed with freedom and for that I am so thankful. The freedom to have a dream and to live it. The freedom to make my own choices. Whether they be good or bad, they are mine. The freedom to agree or disagree with others, including those that govern over us. And, perhaps the most important freedom of all, the freedom to love, worship, preach and share my Lord and Savior with those around me. Though I don't agree with everything my country stands for today, I know that God is in control. He is not at all surprised by the actions of our nation and he knows what lies ahead for us. I truly believe that we can turn back to God and the principles we were founded on. This Independence Day, instead of thinking about everything you dislike about the USA, be reminded of all the things that make it an amazing place to live. And, if you have time amid all the barbeques, fireworks and celebrations, please take a moment to say a prayer for America. God has blessed her in the past and he can do it again in the future! Happy Independence Day!!




I love dressing festively for holidays and coordinating outfits with my hubby and boys (much to their dismay). This dress isn't maternity but it is just so comfy it works perfectly! I've worn this for 4th of July celebrations before and I never regret it. With unpredictable Missouri weather, it's good to have an outfit that's easy to put together, simple to make evening appropriate (I've often layered a jean jacket or white button up over it) and still keeps you cool and put together looking throughout a day of celebrating. I also love these little white sneaks that I've been wearing so often lately. They have a cute floral pattern sewn in that adds a little feminine touch to any outfit and, since they are only about $5, they were an easy addition to my wardrobe. Another Independence day for the books!





1 comment: