Wednesday, July 22, 2015

#BumpDay




In honor of the first official #BumpDay, I thought I would give a little pregnancy update. We reached 27 weeks yesterday and , with that, graduated to the sixth month and third trimester. It seems as though time with this little guy is just going by so quickly. It's hard to remember what it was like before we learned we were expecting him but, at the same time, I cannot really imagine how much life will change once he arrives. I'm a little nervous about Blakeypoo. He's only known being the youngest and it worries me that, if he's anything like Sweet Lucas, he'll take his own time adjusting. I know we'll have lots of help and guidance from our family and friends and I am so thankful for that. Goodness, in less than three months we will be a family of six. SIX. 

The first trimester flew by. Mostly because we didn't tell anyone but immediate family we were expecting until the thirteenth week. We wanted to be sure everything checked out great with our little one before we announced our news and, turns out, I'm really glad we did because it made the second trimester fly by. I have had little to no morning sickness at all this time around, I've been carrying baby lower than his brothers ever were, my skin has been clear and my hair has actually been manageable. This pregnancy has been so opposite of my previous two that I was completely sure we were having a girl. At early appointments, our midwife could hear the placenta with her doppler very strongly on the left side (which studies have proven to be associated with girls over 92% of the time) and it wasn't until we got the results at our gender reveal party that I was convinced this little one would in fact not be a girl but another sweet boy.

And I am totally alright with that. I have grown to love being a boy mom these past 6 years and I probably would have absolutely no idea what to do with a baby girl. Oh, I'd adjust, believe me! But, it would be so different. Having boys has taught me so much about having fun in the moment. Enjoying every part of life and making the most of every situation. They are silly when you're trying to be serious, distracted when you need them to focus and so full of character that even quiet moments at home are nothing short of special. They always find ways to get to me. Whether that be good or bad. If they're being corrected for something, they always try to have the last word but, at the same time, if I'm feeling down and in a rut, they know exactly how to lift me up. They can be rambunctious, rowdy, adventurous, determined, stubborn and, dare I say, annoying. But, they can also be soft, sweet, loving, good listeners, great helpers and just what my momma heart needs at the end of a long, tiring day. They have the tightest hugs, the sloppiest kisses and the most intense love for those that mean the most to them. It is truly a great blessing to be a part of their craziness and to know that you are one of them. Always. I may be a girly girl, but it is no secret that I love my boys.

So, I know this was kind of a long post but, I want this to be a place where I can share my heart and my love for this life I've been blessed with. Enjoy your littles today and try to remember that even though the days may seem long now, the years go by oh so quickly. Something I'm trying to keep in mind lately. Blessings XO


No comments:

Post a Comment