Friday, July 10, 2015

Baking Happiness

A few years ago, I found the most perfect recipe for chocolate chip muffins. I stored it on my computer and made it much too often. They were delicious! Then, with the great computer crash of 2014, I lost all the recipes I had saved. They couldn't be recovered and, with them, I lost all hope of finding another chocolate chip muffin recipe I'd love. After perusing pinterest and adding a few to my food board, I finally decided to look through them. Maybe one of these recipes could come at least slightly close to being as amazing as those muffins were. Maybe.

Well friends, I've found a close second. These super scrumptious muffins are crispy on the top, soft and moist on the inside and don't take a ton of work to put together. They are yummy! Plus, they get nice and tall. Just like a bakery style muffin (hence the name if you follow the pinterest link). I followed the exact recipe but I think you could easily substitute half of the all-purpose flour for wheat flour to make it a little more healthy and just a tad more tasty (I love the taste of wheat flour!)! Give it a try and let me know what you think!


INGREDIENTS

2 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (could easily substitute 1 & 1/4 cup for wheat flour)
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup milk (I used 2% without any problems)
1 tbsp vanilla
1 & 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used mini morsels)



                                                                                                                                                                   

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and spray a 12 cup muffin tray with non-stick cooking spray.

2. In a large bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. Set aside.


3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla. Slowly add to the dry ingredients. Gently fold together until JUST combined.



4. Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups and bake at 425 degrees F for 5 minutes, then turn the oven heat down to 375 degrees F and bake for another 13-15 minutes. Let cool for about 5-10 minutes and enjoy warm.





NOTE : Muffins taste best the day of, but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. (Also, using a toaster oven to reheat makes them super yummy in the days after!)

No comments:

Post a Comment