Thursday, March 10, 2016

Transitioning with Florals










| OUTFIT DETAILS |

Loft floral top (thrifted)
ankle boots (thrifted)

When it comes to transitioning my closet to spring, I have a hard time jumping right into bright pastels. I'm a big lover of black, as I'm learning, and although it seems like it's easiest to wear it in fall and winter, if you work it right, you can pull it off in the warmer seasons just as well. I thrifted this top for a buck and it works really well to give me a little spring hint while not completely abandoning the routine I've gotten into with winter. What's not to love about black though, it's slimming, it goes with everything and it can dress any outfit up or down. To mix things up a bit, I added in these thrifted Soda ankle boots that are so comfortable I can literally wear them all day without getting sore feet. I love that they have a slight western feel and are a great neutral color. They really go with so much. I also love fringe booties and they would look amazing with floral tops this spring. Especially in nude or taupe.

I completely changed my look by just adding in a jacket, in another warm neutral. The weather was still quite chilly today so I really needed the extra layer and, although it didn't match the shade of my boots exactly, I loved how they went together. The minute I put this outfit on this morning I knew it was going to have to hit the blog. Isn't that funny? There's just something about it that you know you're going to love. I can't wait to style more floral patterns in the coming weeks as we get some nice spring weather. They are really so on trend and super easy to wear. How do you ease into your spring wardrobe? 

Image of Floral Piped Yoke TopImage of Faraway Floral Split Neck TunicWomens Western Soda Shoes Boot Country Ankle Heel Bootie Decor Tri-H Black BrownSoda Lustacious Women's Western Style Side Tassel Fringe Ankle Block Heel BootieImage result for noonday stardust earrings

No comments:

Post a Comment