Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sunday Style : Ruffles & Pops of Color











| OUTFIT DETAILS |

Dress | made by me (Tutorial by Merrick's Art)
Fioni shoes | (mine are old but these & these are similar)
Papaya necklace | Premier Designs

One of my favorite ways to make an outfit really stand out is by adding some great jewelry. I tend to be drawn to more natural tones but I also love bright, bold colors. Two really spectacular jewelry companies I love are Noonday and Premier Designs. They are both Christian based and they make some seriously gorgeous pieces.

For this week's Sunday style, I decided to wear this dress that I made kind of last minute (as in yesterday) but really, really love. I used a tutorial from Merrick's Art and, like all of her tutorials, it was so so easy. You don't notice anything special about the top, it seems like just another t-shirt style shift dress. But, as your eyes go down they fall on the ruffle and it makes such a different impression. I instantly loved it the moment she posted it a few months ago but haven't had the time to make my own, until now. The hubby drove to Minnesota and back this past weekend to buy a truck so that meant it was just me and my four littles for two whole days (and nights). The days pass quickly enough, being so outnumbered makes it easy to stay entertained. But, the nights are a little tougher. So I took the opportunity of having a quiet house, seemingly endless alone time and no distractions to pull the trigger and I am so glad I finally did.

I know these photos are slightly blown out (wow was it bright this morning!) but, Glen always does such a great job so I think I can let it slide this one time. Ha. And, I'm one hundred percent sure I'll be wearing it again in the future so there'll be more pics to come. Anyway, if you need some inspiration for a pretty and modest Easter dress, head on over and view this tutorial and a few others Merrick has rounded up on her blog today. You're sure to find one you'll love!

Women's LC Lauren Conrad Lace Shift Dress
Women's Allen B Crochet Shift Dress

No comments:

Post a Comment