Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Sunday Style | Neon for Spring







| OUTFIT DETAILS |

Croft & Barrow sweater | thrifted
Mossimo skirt | thrifted
Forever 21 faux leather jacket | thrifted
Diva Girl pumps (old)
Necklace & earrings (old)

Neon is something I've been seeing pop up recently. When I first saw it, my mind instantly went back to a few months ago when I thrifted this pretty skirt off the dollar rack. Back when I was still expecting our sweet Tyler and I was kind of like, hmm, do I like it? It is a pencil skirt and I love those. Hmm, should I get it? But, then it was only a buck so I figured, even if I decided that I didn't wear it, I wasn't losing much. I ended up buying it and, now that I'm able to wear it, I'm so glad I didn't pass it up. Who would've thought that neon would be coming into trend right now and this skirt would work perfectly. 

I do love it. Though I've pulled it out of my armoire a few times thinking that I would wear it, I've had a little trouble styling it. For church last Sunday, I decided to pair it with this soft Croft & Barrow sweater I thrifted last year and some white pumps and I loved the result. Comfortable to get me through two services, cozy so all I needed was this light faux leather jacket and, though it got a little wrinkled, it held up pretty well. I added a little statement jewelry to polish off my look and I like how the necklace was bigger than the earrings. I tucked the front of my sweater into the top of my skirt slightly to give me a bit of a waistline, which is always helpful in making me look taller. 

I'm not sure how often I'll be able to pull off the neon trend but, this was one time that I really felt great about it.

Tan Basic Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment