Monday, February 5, 2018

Black Monochrome + Emerald






I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! We were hit with a nasty snow storm yesterday afternoon so, although we don't have a lot of interest in the Superbowl (I know, I know..), we decided to have a lazy afternoon and then hunker down to watch it. And we really had a great time!

We didn't cheer for either team specifically. My brother in law is from the New England States so, he is obviously a HUGE Pats fan, unlucky for him. The boys chose their team right before it began with Glen and Blake cheering on the Eagles and the other two rooting for the Pats. You can imagine how surprised Blake was when they started doing so well and then, eventually, won! It was also a bit ironic that my outfit post for today features these pretty Nickel and Suede Earrings that would also suggest I was rooting for Philly. LOL 

Like I said, we aren't serious about it so no one was offended or hurt by the outcome. We just had a good time snacking and enjoying it together. 

These earrings though?! Yea, I'm pretty serious in my addiction with them.. They're probably my most worn accessory these days as they're so easy to throw on with nearly any outfit. So, even for a monochrome outfit like this one, a colorful classic leather works perfectly. I thrifted this sweater dress a few weeks ago and, just can't quite make up my mind about it. I've worn it with jeans under it and then like this with some OTK boots. Both ways work, I'm just not completely sold on the fit and style of it. Who knows, I may end up taking it in with the last of my winter consignment stuff, we'll see. 

These boots, however, have been on  h e a v y  rotation lately. They're such a staple and can be worn SO many ways! Seriously, one of my very favorite Christmas gifts I received last year. You can find mine at the link below (and on MAJOR SALE!) or another version here. Both are really great. 

I pray you have a wonderful week friends!! We've got some exciting things happening over here and I can't wait for it all to begin! God bless!!


| OUTFIT DETAILS |

SWEATER DRESS | thrifted (similar style here + love this turtleneck one)
EARRINGS | Nickel & Suede

(Also, apparently third day hair is dirty enough to be nearly 100% immune to the wind?? I'll take it!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment