Friday, February 23, 2018

Ruffles + Rips






It's been a while. Mom life is hard. The hustle does not stop. And, to be honest? I've just been trying to be more present lately. I love this little space and it does my heart good to share things here. The big and little, the light and heavy. I need it and I will most definitely continue to pop in from time to time. Just know, I want to be sure I'm here for the right reasons. To share love and light and offer words of encouragement to you weary mamas and ladies. Friends. I'm so thankful you're here.

The past few weeks have just been plain busy around here. We've started back up with our local home school co-op and, while we all really enjoy it, it pretty much knocks out our Thursdays at home. So, that means working harder on things the rest of the week to be sure we can still have the freedom to attend classes and take Wednesday morning for Bible Study. It can be difficult some weeks but, it's  a l w a y s  worth it to fit them both in. That's some of the good stuff and I really hate to miss it.

So, there's that. And, along with the recent pick-up in photo sessions, my time has been pretty precious to me lately. I'm feeling stretched thinner than I would like and it's teaching me to be more intentional about where I put my focus. Which is awesome really. I feel like I'm learning to prioritize things that have maybe become commonplace recently? They've always been there and I've always been aware of them but, most of the time I allow other things to take precedence and I'm realizing there needs to be some change there.

Anyway, I hope you're all having a wonderful February! It seems like it's just  f l y i n g  by. I have enjoyed it though. One thing I could probably do without is the cray-cray weather we've been having lately.. One day it'll be sunny and upper sixties and the next it'll be just above freezing and too cold to even step foot outside.. I'm so over it. Anyone else as ready for spring as I am?? :)

Here's a fun little outfit that I thought you guys might like. I thrifted this pretty ruffle kimono and it's literally one of my favorite things I've ever bought. I can see many, many outfits revolving around this single piece. Also, THESE SHOES. I'm in love guys, seriously!

P.S. We have some exciting news and I can't wait to share! (no, we're not pregnant) I'm waiting to get a great picture to put behind the caption though so, stay tuned for that!

H A P P Y   F R I D A Y   L O V E S!! I pray your weekend is so very refreshing for your mind, body + soul!


| OUTFIT DETAILS |

RUFFLE KIMONO | Bo Bel (thrifted, sorry, I CANNOT find a similar one but, here's another gorgeous style)
BABYDOLL TOP | Walmart (old, similar here)
DETROYED DENIM | Almost Famous (old, similar here)
CUTOUT BOOTIES | Qupid
CUTOUT EARRINGS | Nickel & Suede (sold out, similar style here)

No comments:

Post a Comment