Saturday, January 27, 2018

Respite






Being a mama is so incredibly humbling, rewarding, draining, challenging and my life song all at the same time. Some days I seem to struggle to hold onto the happy, light hearted pieces of it and others, the joy comes so easily. Despite the ups and downs of child rearing, I absolutely adore it. It probably helps that I've been given the most awesome kids in the world but, that's just my opinion.

No matter how good things are or how much you're enjoying yourself (no matter what you're involved in), it's always a good idea to take a little breather every once in a while. I've heard it said before (sorry, I don't know the source) that "When you get tired, learn to rest. Not to quit.". Oh how closely that applies to motherhood. And, really, anything we are truly passionate about. 

I was recently invited to a Norwex party at my sister in-law's home. I had heard a little about it, everyone just raves about their products, but not a whole lot. I was interested enough to go though, plus I wanted a little mommy time ;) 

It was so great! I walked away wanting to buy everything in the catalog and really had to stifle the urge to spend, spend, spend. I ended up purchasing two different things (both of which I am SUPER excited about!) and decided to host a party of my own! I brought home a catalog to peruse with the hubby and we are both agreed that, if we can purge our home of unwanted chemicals (the little that I actually do use) and make it safer and, HELLO, cleaner! Then, why not do it! 

I am so excited to get my products in the mail and start using them so I can share my reviews with you guys! If all goes well, and they actually work the way they say, we'll be re-evaluating other areas we could use more of their products in to improve the health of our family as well. 

Guys, I looooove being with my kids. Like, they go everywhere with me. I'M NOT JOKING. We grocery shop together, clothes shop together, run errands together. If I'm going somewhere, more likely than not, they're tagging right along (and loving every second of it, I might add). But, it feels so so good to be able to do something on my own sometimes. Not real often, I'm way too attached for that. But, once or twice a month? Yea. And really, no matter what I end up doing for that time I have to myself, I always come home feeling refreshed and inspired to get right back at it. 

All that to say, "HELLO NORWEX! Where have you been all my life?!" but, also, take time to just do you. It doesn't have to be an expensive spa day or a shopping spree at the mall. It could literally be just an hour or two of conversation with a close friend while you enjoy a warm cup of tea or sharing thoughts while you walk the paved trail at your local park. Of course, it COULD be a solo trip to scour the sale racks OR a night spent in watching a movie with a bowl of ice cream the size of your face while wearing a set of cozy pajamas. Whatever floats your boat. :) Just do it. And, don't feel guilty about it either. The harder the hustle, the more deserved the rest. 

Happy weekend lovelies!! I hope it's full of family and fun and all the things you've been storing up for this past week. God bless!!



| OUTFIT DETAILS |

PEPLUM, BELL SLEEVE TOP | a.n.a (thrifted, more pretty options here + here)
DESTROYED DENIM | Almost Famous (old, similar here)
DOR'SAY FLATS | J. Crew (thrifted, New here + used from Poshmark here
FAUX FUR FOLD OVER CLUTCH | made by me (similar here + LOVE this one)
TASSEL EARRINGS | Walmart (similar here)

No comments:

Post a Comment