Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Finding Purpose





Doesn't it seem like, when a new year begins, everything looks fresh and mold-able? We look at the year that is behind us and then ahead at the one before us and decide right there, to be better than we were. Healthier than we were. Happier than we were.

I guess I'm like many other mamas out there when I feel the need to clear out all the junk and start anew. I feel this sudden need to purge and organize and donate and consign until there is room to move in our closets and our space is uncluttered and inviting. Starting fresh. 

I've been searching for my "word" for the year. I'm circling around a few right now. 

Present.

Intentional.

Purposeful.

Prioritize.

All In.

Deliberate.

Rest.

Content.

Enamored.

Meticulous.

There's a common theme here and I sense it. I want to be all of these things for my family. For my children. For my husband. For my friends. For mySELF. I want this to be my year of giving my all in absolutely e v e r y t h i n g that I do. Whether that's carving out time daily to do the Bible Study I'm committing to, being thoughtful and decisive about how I'm fueling my body or trading in screen time scrolling insta to play cars or dinosaurs with my boys. To see them laugh and smile and play and to really REALLY soak it all in. 

I'm realizing more and more every day that we only have this ONE life. We're given such a small amount of time here on Earth and whether we choose to waste it or make the most of it, it's our choice. 

Being intentional. That's been a recurring thought in my insta posts from the last year and I know I will continue to be very aware of it in the months to come. Living Intentionally is truly something I want to practice daily. In everything I do. With everyone I interact with. In every task I attempt to accomplish. If I don't do it with purpose, what's the point? I've got better things and more important people to spend my time on then things that mean absolutely nothing to me or to my family. 

So, while I haven't yet settled on a single word for this fresh, new year. I know I'll figure it out as I go. If I can do my best to listen for the One who knows me better than I know myself. The One who loves me, not despite all of my insecurities and failures but, because of them. Because His grace and love and forgiveness make all of those things more than enough. I'm confident it will all go according to His perfect plan. Whether I can see my purpose for the coming days or not. He already knows. 

Happiest mid-week wishes dear friends. I pray you feel so much love and kindness and that you're able to share it with those around you today. God bless you - xoxo



| OUTFIT DETAILS |

SWEATER | Forever 21 (thrifted, this one's similar)
SKIRT | Bass Pro (sale find, similar style here)
OTK BOOTS Charlotte Russe (last yr, love these + these)
EARRINGS | Nickel & Suede

No comments:

Post a Comment