Thursday, January 4, 2018

A Purposeful Year







Thinking on what I want this year to be for me, so many things come to mind. What I want to accomplish and who I want to be as a person, mama, wife, daughter and friend.
Purposeful.
Consistent.
Determined.
Loving.
Caring.
Cherishing.
Humble.
Kind.
Well-meaning.
Intentional.
Adventurous.
Light-hearted.
Playful.
Focused.
. . . So many things.

A few goals would include: growing my hair out til it reaches my lower back, using kind, encouraging words with my boys, walking to wherever the boys are to tackle issues more and yelling over the noise less, purging our home of unneeded/unwanted things, getting into the habit of calling my family more, complaining less, reading my Bible daily, full time schoolwork with Blake (closer to the summer probably), getting pregnant one more time. A lot of hard work and so much more family time. To focus less on the "stuff" and more on all of the incredible blessings that already fill my life.

To really, really look deep into myself and find what gives me joy and what I should let go of to be able to see the good things more clearly. I know that may mean feeling some pretty strong emotions. Fear, anxiousness, regret, disappointment. But, in the end I know it will help me to ultimately be the mama my children need, the wife my husband deserves and the friend/daughter/sister that can reciprocate all that I'm so blessed to receive.

Sometimes digging deep within ourselves can be kind of a scary thing. Okay, more like terrifying. But, I know the One who is with me always. Through my good and bad times. When I feel uplifted and strong to my lowest moments of weakness. He is there. And as long as I can learn to rely on Him more and on myself less, I know I will have everything I need.

Blessings to you on this frigidly cold January day friends. My prayer is that you'll feel your worth through the One who hung the stars and the moon and not rely on the world to calculate it for you. You deserve SO MUCH more than that.

Much love xoxo


| OUTFIT DETAILS |

SWEATER | (thrifted - this one is similar and looks SUPER cozy)
JEANS | Mossimo (thrifted)
OTK BOOTS | super similar here
EARRINGS | Walmart (very similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment