Monday, January 1, 2018

!! 29 !!






H A P P Y  N E W  Y E A R  friends!!

Yesterday I turned twenty nine years old. It seems odd to type that.. I didn't have anything I really wanted to accomplish by the time I arrived here. I haven't made a "bucket list". To be honest, I've really just been going with the flow and trying my best to allow for the Lord's leading in my life. He's provided so abundantly thus far, it's comforting to know that I can trust Him to take me where He sees fit and shield me from the things that aren't meant to be. 

Having a New Year's Eve birthday really gets me thinking about the year that has just passed and the one I'm about to begin. The days and moments I'm leaving behind and all that I have to look forward to in the ones to come. How have I handled all that life has brought in this past year? Did I do so with the Lord's grace? Did I tell Him and show Him just how thankful I was for every. single. thing He blessed me with? Did I love the ones around me and let His light shine brighter than my myself? Have I really, truly lived an intentional life this past year?

Questions that seemed to flood my mind at each passing second as we counted down the last moments of 2017. Looking back at the year I'm leaving behind, can I answer truthfully and honestly that I did the very best I could with what the Lord gave me in each moment?? No. I failed. I fell short. I completely and utterly disappointed myself. But, I also succeeded, tried harder, pulled myself back up and accomplished so. very. much.

This year was a whirlwind. It came and went and all that I'm left with are memories and mental pictures of all that it was. Incredible. I got to spend the last three hundred and sixty five days with the ones I love most. The five people that I could not imagine doing this life without. My sweet husband and our four darling boys. They've blessed me in more ways than I can count, our relationships have grown so deeply and our attachment to each other, likewise. We belong to one another and the Lord is the one who ordained it all. I have a huge, crazy family that loves me so much and I absolutely adore them all. But, if I had to attempt this life without the ones that take up the most space in my heart, I'm afraid I couldn't do it. They mean EVERYTHING to me. 

I'm so so thankful to have spent this year learning, living and exploring alongside of these five amazing humans. They've made huge, irreplaceable impressions on my heart. We've poured ourselves into one another and the outcome has been so much more than I could have ever imagined or dreamed. And, if that's all that I can take from this year, that is without a doubt more than enough for me.

With 2018 staring me in the face, I've been searching for a word to encompass what I want this year to mean for me. I haven't yet settled on one yet and, to be honest, I may not be able to pin it down until I'm again looking back on all that it was. I feel like that's okay though. 

I pray your year was filled with so much happiness and joy and that you are able to see clearly the Lord's dealings in your life. How he worked every single thing for your own benefit. Happy 2018 friends!! I'll continue to pray for this new year and fresh beginning. That it brings a season of peace and contentment like you've never seen and that you would be able to truly embrace it. 

And thank you SO MUCH for all of the wonderful birthday wishes!! They mean the world and really fill my heart with so much gratitude and thankfulness. Happy Monday and have a very blessed week!!


| OUTFIT DETAILS |

DRESS | Love Riche (another pretty blush dress here)
EARRINGS | Founder's Grove on insta (similar here)
OTK BOOTS | Charlotte Russe (old but similar here + also love these)
(card from my sweet friend, Robyn)


No comments:

Post a Comment