Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Dressing up a casual ruched dress


 




 

Dress : Old Navy (thrifted)  //  Blazer : ?  //  Shoes : Kenneth Cole  //  Purse : thrifted  //  Necklace : ?

Total Cost to me : $14

One of the most important things to me when it comes to pregnancy style is comfort. And, this simple ruched dress is the epitome of that. I've blogged it before in a more casual outfit but it works just as perfectly here. Just by adding a simple blazer, heels and a little jewelry it can be taken from a day with the family to any semi formal occasion. 

Then there's this super soft blazer. It was gifted to me and there's no tag to identify where it's from so, sorry can't share that. But, the fit is perfect and the fabric is cool enough that I didn't get over heated wearing it on a summer evening out with my family. These shoes are also gifted, and a little fancier than I tend to wear, but I love them to dress up an otherwise plain outfit. Neither the dress nor the blazer have much detail to them so even after adding the ruffled heels and a little sparkle from my necklace, I didn't feel over dressed. And, as I've blogged this purse many times before, it goes well with everything. The neutral color makes it very versatile while the studs add just a little something extra. I really love this color palette, as I'm sure you can tell by now, and I look for ways to wear it through every season.

We've hit the 32 week mark with this sweet babe and I can hardly believe it. Only 8 more weeks to go? What?! I feel like the time has just flown by yet there is still so much to do, I'm not even sure where to start. The nesting can kick in any time now!

Also, look for a post coming soon all about dressing the basic black shirt dress up or down. This has been a closet staple for me this summer and will continue to be throughout the fall months, while sporting the baby bump and I'm sure while transitioning back to normal as it's so very forgiving. Definitely a basic to invest in non maternity as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment