Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sunday Style : Keeping it neutral






Dress : (thrifted) //  Blazer : Maurice's (sale)  //  Shoes : Rue 21 (old)  //  Purse : (thrifted)  //  Necklace : Faded Glory (sale)

Total Cost : about $25 (If memory serves me correctly!)

Happy Sunday friends! This morning we went to church where Glen's grandfather pastors. My in-laws also go there and the boys love surprising them with a visit every few weeks. We always get so much out of his services but, this morning was extra special. Just recently, his grandfather was diagnosed with Lymphoma. He's been going through chemo and constant testing and, to be honest, most days are pretty rough for him. But, today? Today he seemed so great! He was in high spirits, all smiles and was even able to preach the sermon. It was so good to see him looking well again. We miss that. But, we know that God is in control and that he already knows what Poppie's future looks like. Whatever it is, I know it'll be better than we could ever imagine.

We always try to coordinate somewhat as a family when dressing for church on Sunday mornings. I have fun with it and the boys aren't quite to the stage of minding yet so, I take full advantage! This morning we went with some neutral colors and boy am I glad. It was sooo hot! Even just stepping outside to snap a few outfit photos was a task! Of course, part of that could be this ever growing belly of mine. (30 weeks this Tuesday!!)

Today, I chose this white tie-back dress that I've had for years. It's an oldie but a goodie. Especially when it comes to dressing with a bump. I really love this soft blush blazer (which looks creamier in photos) I paired with it and the white heels keep everything nice and neutral. I'll admit, the last two pieces are two of very few that I've purchased brand new. The blazer was 90% off and a great steal! But, the shoes were full price, though still pretty inexpensive. Plus, they went with an Easter outfit I bought at the time so, it was kind of special. I paired a little white and gold statement jewelry with this outfit and it worked really well. The dress is sort of plain so the necklace added just what it was missing while the bangle wasn't too much since my jacket sleeve was longer.

I'll admit, I did have to shed the jacket on the ride home but, it looked nice while it lasted! Today we have plans to do nothing but be lazy in the air conditioning and, maybe, take a dip in our little pool after it cools off a bit. What are you doing today? Any special plans with family?

No comments:

Post a Comment