Friday, September 11, 2015

Everyday style : transitioning to fall


 




 


Top : Target (similar)  //  Jeans : 21 Denim (thrifted)  //  Infinity Scarf : Walmart brand  //  
Sandals : GH Bass Company (old but these are similar)  //  Purse : thrifted

I'm slowly starting to bring warmer tones into my everyday style to transition my wardrobe into fall. It's right around the corner after all and my favorite season of the year. One of the easiest things to add to a late summer outfit is a nice cool scarf. You can use a printed one if the rest of your outfit is fairly simple or a solid color if you're already using some pattern.

Here we are back to one of my favorite colors, black. It's so versatile, you can wear it nearly any month of the year, no matter the season. This top is a great transition piece. It's soft and lightweight, has a great length and the sleeves make it easy to take into fall. The neutral color also makes it great for adding in a printed scarf. Cheetah print (or leopard? I get them confused) is one of my favorites right now so ,naturally, that's what I used. Pairing a tunic like this with some skinny jeans is such an easy combination. And, since the weather was expected to be slightly warm, sandals were the obvious choice to keep my prego feet nice and cool.

I love these black sandals from GH Bass & co. They were a sale find from last season but they have some that are similar right now and just as cute. You could easily swap out the sandals for some closed toe flats or ankle boots and add a utility jacket to take this through the cooler fall months as well.

What colors are staples in your closet? Anything you tend to stay away from for one reason or another?

No comments:

Post a Comment