Thursday, September 17, 2015

Transitioning to Fall with oversized sweaters






 


Sweater : Worthington  //  Top : Motherhood (similar)  //  Pants : Duo Maternity  //  Shoes : Maurices

Total cost : $12

Over sized sweaters make great cooler weather staples and are easy to add to more summery outfits to help transition to fall. I love this neutral colored one from Worthington. I have it in petite medium and it's still comfy enough to be cozy without feeling constricting. The color pairs perfectly with nearly everything and, even for an average temperature day, it wasn't too thick that I was warm wearing it over a long sleeve top.

We went to Haha Tonka with my parents last weekend and this outfit was perfect for walking up to the castle ruins and back while the boys ran ahead and explored the trail. We took in the gorgeous temperatures (mid sixties) and soaked up all the fresh, crisp air we could. It was rejuvenating to say the least.

These maternity jeans are so, so comfortable and I've been wearing them more and more through these last few weeks of my pregnancy. They're low waisted, a great wash and perfectly distressed but tend to be a bit bigger than I like (right now everything I wear feels big). They are super soft and stretchy though and made a great addition to a lazy weekend outfit. Also, these Maurices shoes were perfect for walking the paved trail and area around the castle. They're comfy, casual enough that I don't worry about getting them too messy in the dirt and dust and they wash easily, which is a huge momma plus. A great thrifting find for just $4.

I can't wait to begin adding more sweaters to my everyday style as the weather begins to cool and the leaves change colors. Fall is my favorite season for many reasons but, being able to layer is at the top of the list. What are your favorite staple pieces for fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment