Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Hair Tips + Spring Layering







Hey guys! I hope you've had a fantastic week so far! I talked on insta a bit about my hair care routine and how I've changed it up a TON in the last three weeks. Well, I am seeing some great benefits to that so, I thought I'd share what I'm doing!

To preface, I'll start with what I USED to do. I used to wash my hair daily, regardless as to whether we were going somewhere or not. I hated the feeling of dirty, greasy hair and just didn't like to use dry shampoo too often. Looking back, I'm really not sure why that was.. Anyhoo, I used heat on my hair a LOT and never used anything to protect it from damage. I've never colored my hair so it's pretty healthy, I've just begun noticing some split ends and a bit of slowing in growth. So, that got me to thinking about switching up my routine and trying to promote health in my hair along with shaving some time and effort off of my daily routine. 

Which brings me to where I am now. My weekly routine is as follows :

Sunday - Day 1, wash day. I use TRESemme' HEAT TAMER spray on my hair while it's damp after washing. Then, with a pick, I comb through it easily and then use my EcoTools Air Dryer Brush that I LOVE. I blow dry my hair while using a roller brush at my roots and ends to smooth it and give it some lift. After blow drying, I spray it again with the TRESemme' HEAT TAMER before I straighten or curl. After I have it styled the way I want, I use TRESemme' TRES TWO Spray and go about my day. My style is set and I don't have to worry about restraightening or curling at all.

Monday - Day 2, Usually Monday is our day at home to catch up on housework and just chill so, I do nothing to my hair on these days. I'll usually pull it back into a pony or braids just to keep it out of my face. I also don't brush it too often, three times a day max. 

Tuesday - Day 3, Usually we're at home this day too but, if we do have plans to go anywhere I'll spritz a bit of Heat Tamer onto the ends and top before straightening the top and then either finish straightening it again or add some/touch up curls, whichever is easier for that day. Once I have it styled the way I like, I spray some dry shampoo onto my roots, work it through gently with my fingertips and then, after a few minutes, lightly brush it through. I also usually don't have to use much hairspray after day one because it holds the style so well. 

Wednesday - Day 4, We have Bible Study and errands in town so I'll do a repeat of the steps from Tuesday. Heat tamer, straighten the top, then curl it with my Remington Pro 1-1 1/2 inch Curling Wand. I do it in layers (bottom to top) and it makes it curl so much more evenly. Afterward I'll spray lightly with dry shampoo and then comb it through gently with a comb or brush to even it out. Again, I don't need much hairspray because of the product already in it. 

Thursday - Day 5, sometimes we have our homeschool co-op so I'll repeat Wednesday's routine which usually takes about 15-20 minutes, tops. If we're just at home though, I'll usually just comb it through and then put it in a couple of braids or a high bun.

Friday - Day 6, We don't usually have major plans on Fridays so, If we're at home I do nothing. If we're going somewhere I'll repeat my same routine from Wednesday, being cautious as not to use too much dry shampoo so I don't get a lot of residue showing in the top of my hair. Then sometimes I'll pull it up but, most of the time I can still get away with keeping it down. I like to pull one side back a bit so I'm not constantly running my fingers through it and that keeps the extra oil out of my hair but, also keeps residues and oils off my face, which is better for my skin. 

Saturday - Day 7, Same steps as the previous few days, Heat Tamer then, straighten the top then touch up curls (if I need to, which is rare by day 7) and then pin it back and go! No hairspray needed. If I notice that it's showing quite a bit of oil or dry shampoo, I'll use very minimal dry shampoo and then pull it back into an easy bun. Again, no hairspray needed today.

I sleep with it down for Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night, then in a top knot the rest of the week so it's not in the way while I sleep but the extra oils/product don't get on my pillow or face during the night. And, that's it! It may seem a little complicated at first glance but, seriously it's so easy and has just become habit the last couple of weeks. 

As far as shampoo goes, I usually bounce around between different brands but, my sister recently mentioned something to me about Lush Cosmetics Bar Shampoo and I really want to give it a try! Has anyone used it before? Pros and cons from your personal experience?

Have a wonderful week friends! I'll link everything I use below and let me know if you have any tips on growing long, healthy hair naturally! 



| OUTFIT DETAILS |

DRESS | TIME & TRU - WALMART
CARDIGAN | RUE 21 ( similar here + here)
ANKLE BOOTS | MAGNOLIA BOUTIQUE (old, similar here + LOVE these)
TIE CHOKER | WALMART
PURSE | similar here

| HAIR PRODUCTS |

TRESemme' HEAT TAMER SPRAY
DOVE DRY SHAMPOO
TRESemme' TRES TWO HAIRSPRAY
REMINGTON CURLING WAND
ECO TOOLS HAIR BRUSH
ROLLER BRUSH

No comments:

Post a Comment