Saturday, March 3, 2018

Elevated Basics








Guys, I want to say thank you for taking the time to read the mumbo jumbo in my last post..(insert monkey covering face emoji here). Sometimes I really think we get so overloaded with all the junk that it inhibits our abilities for REAL. Mental or not, good grief, I needed to vent it. Somehow, typing it out and then leaving it here really REALLY helped me process it all better. So, thanks for listening.

I've felt like this weight was lifted off my shoulders the past couple of days and I just know part of it was prayer. Prayers from you guys, prayers from myself. Prayers from people I don't even realize are taking the time to pray for me daily. I'm so grateful. 

My boys and I had a really good morning (and afternoon) on Wednesday. Like, the best we've had in a long time. And while they were exceptionally well behaved. I know that my mood and the "vibes" I'm giving off really play a vital role in all of that. Just as babies pick up on our nervousness, anxiety and when we're feeling calm, so do our older kids. So, anyway, I say all that to say, keep that in mind when your day just seems "off". It could very well be you're stressing over things that really don't deserve your attention and that's rubbing off on those around you. Not always but, sometimes. 

On a lighter note, I wanted to share this outfit that I just loooove. It's so basic and yet not, all at the same time. Elevated basics are something I've become a bit of an expert at, especially when it comes to mama-ing. It helps so much to be able to go to my closet and just know that something will work together. Shaving off getting ready time in the morning can do SO MUCH for getting us out the door on time and without meltdowns. 

That's why I truly love this look. A basic striped dress with the perfect fit, a soft and cozy cardigan with puffy sleeves to add a little something different, a somewhat "trendy" take on the basic black boot and the perfect bag to round it all out. This look is me, to a T. Seriously, if I could wear this everyday I would. 

I also wanted to share with you guys my new FAVE lip gloss! It's Neutrogena HydroBoost in True Nude and it's the perrrrfect shade! I don't wear a ton of color on my lips, I just have a hard time committing to a bold lip color. But, this is def going to be on heavy rotation! I'm not wearing anything except the lip gloss. No need for primer or anything like that. It's that good.

Anyway, thanks again for reading and I hope you have a wonderful weekend! And maybe get yourself some new lip gloss ;)


| OUTFIT DETAILS |

STRIPED DRESS | Charlotte Russe (old, super cute version here)
OVERSIZED CARDIGAN | Rue 21 (sold out, very similar style here)
OTK BOOTS | Circus by Sam Edelman (found the exact style on Ebay here)
BAG | Steve Madden (thrifted, LOVE this one and similar style here)
NECKLACE | Lisa Leonard Designs (old, so  many gorgeous designs here)

No comments:

Post a Comment