Monday, January 4, 2016

Birthday Attire







Dress : Merono (thrifted)  //  Vest : Bongo  //  Boots : Wear Ever 
Bag : thrifted  //  Necklace : Noonday

Another year has come and gone and, with it, another New Year's Eve. Also know as, my birthday. I turned 27 this past New Year's Eve and I still cannot get my head around it. It just doesn't seem real that I've lived a whole 26 years. I was brought up by some incredible parents, married an amazing man and together we adopted a super sweet boy and added three more to the mix, remodeled two houses, started growing this little business of mine and built a home all our own. I've made some irreplaceable memories with this sometimes crazy crew I get to call my own and I wouldn't trade any of them for the world.

We celebrated with a super yummy homemade lunch with my parents and into the night at the best New Year's Eve party around. Okay I may be a little biased, as it was ours. Ha. We had our church family over to help us ring in the new year and it kind of doubled as a birthday bash as my pastor's sweet wife had everyone singing to me. She's the best. We had such a great time playing Nerts, Farkle and Phase 10 and having fellowship and food with one another. And, with the trampoline, toys, playhouse and game table, I think it's safe to say the kids had a blast in the basement play room. A funny little tid bit : we actually missed watching the ball drop! No one knew which local station it would be on so we just caught the very end while cruising channels in search of it. Haha. It was so fun though and really a great way to welcome 2016.

My outfit consisted of a couple of Christmas gifts and a couple of basics I already had. It was comfortable, cozy and pretty neutral but perfect for our layed back day with family and friends. I love this shirt dress and the vest went great with it. This necklace from Noonday is one of my favorites and such a meaningful piece. Every time I wear it I'm reminded of the incredible work their company and all it's ambassadors do for those less fortunate throughout the world. If you've never heard of them, go check out their site. You can truly affect change just by purchasing a gorgeous piece of handmade jewelry. I have my eye on a few different things and hope to, one day, add some of them to my collection.

How did you celebrate the New Year? Did you make any resolutions?

Wear Ever Women's Julia Brown Mid-Calf Riding BootBongo Junior's Faux Fur Vest

No comments:

Post a Comment