Sunday, January 3, 2016

Thrifting win : My Favorite Scarf




Coat : Metaphor  //  Scarf : (thrifted)  //  Top : Mossimo (thrifted)  
Sweater : Croft & Barrow (thrifted)  //  Jeans : 21 Denim (thrifted)  //  Booties : Tommy Hilfiger 

This was my look for Christmas Day with the hubby's family. We alternate holidays every year so we can spend more than a couple of hours with everyone and it really works out so well. This year, my thoughtful hubby got me this beautiful coat, among other things. He has a sneaky way of shopping where I basically pick out what I want (usually while shopping with his mom) and he gets to be the perfect gifter. Ha. 

As much as I love this coat, I love the scarf equally as much and it was thrifted for just a couple of dollars. The design is so fun and festive and I especially love the pom poms. And, even though I thought it might clash with my new coat, they went surprisingly well together. You can't see it but my white tunic and sweater paired perfectly together as well over these awesome (maternity) jeans and booties. I've mentioned before that these jeans were a great purchase and I'll say it again. I love them. They work great for pregnancy and even better for transitioning back to my pre-pregnancy clothes. And since I thrifted them for about $8, they are basically perfect. I actually repeated this look a couple of times over the holidays and loved it every time. I've linked a similar tunic and my exact coat (although the pic makes it look green?? It's really a subtle blue) and sweater below. 

How did you spend your Christmas? Was it full of family, food and fun? I pray it was. Also, there's just a couple more holiday style posts coming your way before jumping into more winter inspired looks. Happy New Year! I can't wait to see all that 2016 has in store!!

Metaphor Women's Felt Hooded Peacoat

No comments:

Post a Comment