Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sunday Style : Contrasting with the snow





Dress : Metaphor  //  Blazer : Maurice's  //  Coat : KiaMarManMan (similar styles linked below)  
Purse : thrifted  //  Shoes : Cato (thrifted but similar linked below)

Today's Sunday style was a dressed up version of something I could wear every single day. A t-shirt dress provides so many outfit combinations that it's one the most basic closet essentials. I have a couple of different styles but I love this one that I received last Christmas. It's super comfortable, the prettiest burgundy color, a great length and so easy to dress up or down.

For church this morning, I layered a blush blazer over it with some classic black pumps and a super cozy coat. It gave me a put together look with literally zero effort. I'll admit I spent more time styling my hair this morning than I did choosing this outfit. Yea, I'm still in the "fresh cut, how do I fix it?" phase with this new do. Although most days it has proven to be much easier and quicker to style, mostly just adding a little dry shampoo and fixing a few curls, some days are a little tougher.

I think I just forgot how to style shorter hair since I had been growing mine out for so long. Always looking for the next tip to get long locks that look great and not really focusing on the length I had right then. Ah well, it's a new year and, with it I'll be relearning how to style this new cut in a way that I hope will be easy, time saving and flattering to it's current length. I may end up keeping it trimmed or I may let it grow, that I'm not really sure of yet. But, it is just hair after all and I refuse to let it define me.

I want to be the best me that I can be this year. I want to give my all to those that I love but I also want to take better care of myself. Whether that means taking a few minutes each day for a little workout, reading a chapter or two of scripture, making sure to wash my face every morning whether we're going out or not, or just focusing on drinking more water. Whatever it may be, I want to do it for myself. To make me feel good so that I can, in turn give more to my family. I can't wait to see what 2016 has in store for us because I know that God has our very best interest at heart and he is already making some great plans. It's going to be one for the books!

Metaphor Women's T-Shirt Midi Dress

No comments:

Post a Comment