Friday, January 29, 2016

Winter Pastels




| OUTFIT DETAILS |

Faded Glory Sweater
Maurices Skinny Jeans (thrifted) similar
 Rue 21 Heels (old)

I love a pretty, neutral color palette. It's no secret that those colors seem to get over looked quite often during the winter months and replaced with darker, richer tones. I can't wait to wear those warmer colors as much as I can when winter comes because they're a little more difficult to get away with when the weather gets hot and the days unpredictable. But, I attended a party earlier in the week and decided to change things up a bit. It was a get together all about a Christian based company, Premier Jewelry. It was girls only (aside from two sweet baby boys) and such a good time.

We chatted, tried on some gorgeous necklaces, rings and bracelets, ate some yummy treats provided by our gracious hostess (and my new sister in law!) and learned all about how to style yourself and what jewelry can do for you and your overall appearance. I'll admit I hadn't heard some of the tips we were given before but, since attending, it's made me think more about what I'm pairing together and how I'm "arranging" it. 

This perfectly soft blush tunic was just the ticket for a casual night with the girls. I paired it with these simple white skinny jeans and my white heels for a look that was a couple of steps up from "I've been home corralling boys all day" and my usual momiform, but not quite at "fancy dinner out with the hubby". Ha. I chose the heels to elevate my look just a tad because, I was going out after all, and without them it would have easily been more of an everyday style. It ended up being just what I needed to enjoy myself and the fact that I only had one little in tow. And, I definitely got some great inspiration for thrifting and future style posts!

Do you wear whites and pastels through the winter? What's your opinion on the whole "white jean" trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment