Monday, January 25, 2016

Sunday Style : Neutral Basics








| OUTFIT DETAILS |

Nursing Tank (similar here and here)
Basic Editions Trench is thrifted (NWT from K Mart)
Purse is thrifted (Similar here)

I love layering year round but it is especially fun during the cooler months. Cozy sweaters, stretchy pants and boots are my jam. So, winter easily ranks as one of my favorite seasons since I can get away with wearing all three as often as I like. This Sunday style was a little different than most but, perfect for the cool, crisp air and layed back day we had.

We just had the best time on our little getaway to Branson this past weekend. We stayed at one of our favorite Silverleaf resorts (their condos are always amazing and they offer a ton of family friendly activities to fill your time) and spent the majority of the three days we were there in the new heated indoor pool they just added to their facility. It was an absolute blast. So much so that Blake was very upset when we got home yesterday evening and no longer had the luxury to go swimming whenever we wanted. He made it clear he wants to go back very soon!

After lunch on Saturday afternoon, Daddy and Papa entertained the three oldest boys so Mommy and Memaw could be free to do a little shopping. It was so refreshing to only have to worry about one little guy as opposed to being very much outnumbered most of the time. I wrapped baby Tyler up in my boba and he was happy as a clam sleeping the entire afternoon. And, since I rarely shop anywhere but thrift stores, a little retail therapy was the perfect boost to my weekend.

While on our little excursion, I found some super sales! Rue 21, Osh Kosh, Gymboree and Children's Place all had some great prices and I found the prettiest Christopher & Banks top for this summer for under five dollars. Back to this sweater though, Rue had a super sweater sale and that's where I found this one. It is so soft, perfectly cozy and the longer length in the back is amazing. Perfect to pair with some jeggings. I loved it so much I got another in a pretty blush color and literally resisted the urge to get a couple more. They have so many styles in several colors it was hard not to splurge a little. I did find a great maxi skirt there on sale as well and a cute top that will most likely end up being part of my Easter outfit this year. Shop their sale going on now from right HERE.

As you can see, I'm still learning ways to style this new cut and since it was the last day of our little trip, I went with some loose flat iron curls pinned back from my face. Inspiration taken from the always beautiful Kylee of One Little Momma. View her tutorial for curling short hair HERE.

I've linked to the exact purchases I made at Rue (minus the top for Easter) below. Also, I found the cutest Christmas footy pajamas for the boys at a great price at Osh Kosh! And, all matching! Which, when you have four boys ranging in age from 3 months to 7 years, is virtually unheard of. I couldn't believe it. I guess this means I've already gotten a jump on my Christmas shopping!? Ha. I also saved big on some new winter hats for them. The only one online is the one I purchased for JD so I've linked it here as well. Of course, you can almost always find more sales in store than you can online so, if you want to get great deals stop by your local stores! Hope you had a great weekend and happy shopping!!

| for momma |

Ivory Chunky Waffle Knit SweaterDusty Pink Chunky Waffle Knit SweaterEssential Tulip Maxi Skirt

| for the boys |

1-Piece Microfleece PJsImage for Boy’s ‘Cool’ Knit Pom Pom Hat from The Children's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment