Friday, December 8, 2017

Barriers





Did anyone else wake up to frigid temps this morning? Yikes it's cold here. Like, 14 degrees, cold. The boys immediately ran to the window to see the frost covered ground and then Blake promptly asked to go outside and play.. 

Have you ever come across a trend that you thought looked super cute and so easy to put together but, you never tried it for fear of it not looking near as good on you as it does on all the models in the ads? Just me then? (lol) That's kind of how I felt about the "cold shoulder" tops that have become so popular. I thought it was adorable and looked so comfy but, I just couldn't bring myself to try it. Then this top happened. I found it on sale and right away loved the color and texture of the fabric. I had it in my hand and almost immediately started second guessing myself. What will I wear it with, will it fit the way I hope (the rare instance in which I did not try on since I had all of my boys with me)? Will the color wash me out? ...

Then, after about fifteen minutes of fighting an internal battle with myself, I headed to the counter to buy it. Life. Changed.

Seriously guys, I love this top! It's probably the most comfortable thing I own, I've worn it more than an acceptable amount of times over the past two weeks, it's SO easy to plan an outfit around and the color is so soft and calming. The length is perfect, the fit is amazing, the neckline is on point and yea, it's basically heaven in shirt form. (lol) 

All joking aside though, isn't it hard sometimes to step outside of our comfort zone? I don't know about you but, I struggle with pushing my limits sometimes. Not in every instance but, every now and then, it's just too hard to pull the trigger.

I know what you're thinking, "it's a shirt??..". I know that. But, I'm talking about more than the things we wear. I'm talking, what if you were faced with a decision that could potentially change your life and you backed away from it for fear of facing the judgement of others or a difficult situation. What about then?

I'm not trying to start any deep, theological discussion about life. I'm more just questioning the limits I sometimes set for myself. Am I too afraid of the ground falling out from under me to try new things? Am I keeping myself from some really amazing blessings because I'm holding the things I have a little too tightly? Just something to think about. 

I hope you all have an amazing FRIYAY and a wonderfully festive weekend ahead! If you're on the fence about putting yourself out there today, why not give it a shot?! You don't even know how BLESSED you may be just from taking that one step. Happy weekend!!




| OUTFIT DETAILS |

Cold Shoulder Tunic Sweater | Umgee (similar options here + here + another cozy option here from Jane)
Jeans | Old Navy (thrifted, similar here)
Wedge Ankle Booties | Maurices (thrifted, available on Ebay + similar on Jane here)
Earrings | Nickel & Suede
Tassel Bag | Jane (an old deal, similar option here)

No comments:

Post a Comment