Thursday, December 14, 2017

Stripes + Cardis + Slippers






Have you ever come across that perfect outfit? The one that you've tried to "pin" about a gazillion times and always forget you've already saved it until Pinterest reminds you? For me, this is the one. I love the neutral colors, the cozy, super chunky knit, the ankle boots with a little flare and the jeans that have just enough distressing. I've pinned and pinned it and, finally, decided to try to recreate it. I found the perfect fabric for the top at Walmart and it's surprisingly great quality. It's thick enough to wear without an under shirt and has the perfect amount of stretch. The only thing I would do differently would be to make the peplum slightly more ruffly (I still may do that actually). I love this top! I patterned it off of one of my favorite long sleeve tops with a loose fit and great neckline, which can be one of the most difficult parts about sewing a shirt. This one came out so good though.

I found this suuuuper soft and cozy cardi at Rue on sale and love how it compliments the stripes in the top. It has buttons but, I'm slightly tempted to remove them actually...we'll see. It's has the most amazing fit though. Slightly oversized and soooo comfy. This was the very last one in this color and I was lucky enough to get a s/m so it's perfect. They have a beautiful deep red color also (the one linked below) but, all they had was xl so it would have been way too big. BUT, Rue does have a TON of sweaters and cardigans on sale for only $15 right now so, if you're on the hunt for one, check them out.

I didn't actually realize it until I was tagging sources for this post but, this entire outfit is from Rue (lol). The jeans are from last year (a five dollar find) and the slipper flats were only five bucks as well! Also, the choker was part of a set of three for only $1! I love that it's simple but, not quite ordinary. Super cute too.

I did decide to opt for the slipper flats in this post because I think they're simply adorable and soooo comfy! I will definitely be wearing this look again though with some ankle booties! I'd love to find some with side slits like the ones in my inspiration pic below.

Have a lovely Thursday friends!! Only 11 MORE DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!! Are you ready?!?!


| OUTFIT DETAILS |

Striped Peplum Top | made by me (inspired by this pin)
Chunky Knit Cardigan | Rue 21
Destroyed Denim | Rue 21 (similar)
Suede Flats | Rue 21 (can't find them online, here are other options though)
Bubble Choker |Rue 21 (can't find it online, here are other options though)

outfit inspiration from THIS PIN on my Pinterest Board

No comments:

Post a Comment