Saturday, December 2, 2017

Welcome December!!






Happy December guys! I'm so excited, this is my favorite month of the year! Not only is it filled with lots of wonderful holiday goodness, but it's also my birthday month! It always takes me by surprise how quickly it comes after Halloween is over with. It seems like it's taking an eternity and then Thanksgiving hits and, bam, it's CHRISTMAS TIME! 

We have loads of fun traditions we like to do with our boys this time of year and these super comfy jammies are one of their favorites. I've found some cute ones at Children's Place before and Carter's but, these from Burts Bees Baby are my favorite everrrrr. I first purchased them for the boys two years ago, when my sweet Tyler was just a new babe, and was instantly hooked. They're so cozy, fit perfectly and are SO well made that they last (and last) even after the boys grow out of them. Which is a feat with my rough and tumble guys.

The new designs they have this year are just sooooo cute too! These buffalo plaid ones were just too sweet to pass up and I love how they look on my little mini-Glens! Plus, they're on MAJOR sale right now! (I'm kind of kicking myself that I didn't wait a bit to purchase them, but, I wanted to get them all alike this year so...) They also offer matching mama and daddy pjs so, seriously, go grab you some!

I love that these can be used as an extra layer for cold days in the snow as well. They're perfect for bundling up without all the bulk!





Some of my favorite traditions so far with our boys are baking cookies, getting new jammies every year, watching a Christmas-themed movie nearly every night (seriously, what else is there to do when it's dark before dinner??), decorating the tree, and putting Christmas/winter themed sheets on the beds. I've been wanting to add an Advent Calendar to our traditions and, this year, I finally found the perfect one! (this one from Target!) It's pretty simple, it doesn't have candy or gifts to open. But, it's timeless and that's what I've been looking for. I found a couple of lists of Advent Scriptures on Pinterest to go along with the 25 days of Christmas count down and so, we've started reading one each night and then moving the fun little wreath one day closer to Christmas! The boys are really liking it so far (I promise to include some photos in my Christmas decor post that's coming soon!) and I love that it is built to last. I can't wait to pull it out each year as Christmas approaches!

So far we've only read scripture with it but, I think I'm going to begin reading a Christmas-themed book along with it each night. We've got a little collection started and I try to get a couple more each year to add to what we already have. Books are a staple in our house and a favorite past time for our older boys (and quickly growing on the younger ones) and, since I pack away our Christmas books for most of the year so they are new and fresh for the season, I know they will enjoy adding it to our bedtime routine. 

What traditions do you enjoy doing with your loved ones each year? I'd love to add some more to our list!






Also, I just had to share some of the photos from our little Christmas jammie session I did with the boys earlier this week! Seriously, I love them so much! I don't even really remember life without them (what on earth did I do with all of my TIME??) and just loooove being their Mama. 


I'll link to the advent calendar, our jammies from this year and years past and some other fun pajama sets your family will love! Happy, happy Christmas friends!! It'll be here before we know it!

 product photo product photo product photo product photo Baby Buffalo Plaid Organic Cotton Pajamas 2-Piece Fleece Christmas PJs Unisex Kids Long Sleeve Christmas Print Top And Pants Glacier Fleece PJ Set product photo product photo product photo Baby Organic Cotton Rugby Stripe Pajamas: Color - Cranberry Baby Fair Isle Organic Cotton Sleeper Baby Organic Cotton Henley Pajamas: Color - Cranberry Baby Organic Cotton Henley Pajamas: Color - Heather Grey 

No comments:

Post a Comment