Monday, December 11, 2017

Thankfulness, So Much Thankfulness




Isn't it funny how easy it is to overlook certain things when we're busy going through the motions of everyday life? Things that are seemingly small for most of us but, in reality, are so very important. 

Our two middle boys were very sick all night last night. It all started around seven thirty-ish when we were just about to start a movie. Lucas all of a sudden said his tummy hurt and then raced off to the bathroom... He was sick four times within the hour and it only continued throughout the night. Blake started in shortly after midnight and each of them took turns needing me at about thirty minute intervals until Lucas finally got good and asleep at three am so Blake could continue on till around six. 

...

Tyler woke up at his usual time, around five am, to join us in our bed and, by morning, mama was exhauuuusted.

It was rough, to say the least, and so we spent the day in complete L A Z Y mode. The two sickies got in good naps in the morning (so very needed) and the second half of the day we made pallets in the living room and watched Christmas movies and snuggled. 

I say all that to say this, my family doesn't get sick very often. I feel like we expose the boys to a wild variety of germs (is there any way to make that sound like a good thing??), they take a vitamin daily, have a well-rounded diet and get lots of sleep. We work pretty hard to keep their immune systems good and strong. Now, I know sickness happens. But, when it's so rare to happen to you, it's kind of a scary thing. When Lucas began throwing up so suddenly I immediately wanted to call my midwife and get all the advice on what to do for him. (Seriously y'all, she's AMAZING) I stifled the urge and Glen did a little research, webmd to the rescue, and we decided it probably wasn't anything serious. Each time he would get sick it was less and less and, eventually it was just water he was drinking to try and stay hydrated. 

Once we realized he was actually going to be fine, eventually, we tried to comfort him and assure him it would all be alright. Likewise when Blake started in. But, it got me thinking about all those mamas and daddys whose little ones are severely sick, hospitalized, and, even worse, terminally ill. To have a huge piece of yourself, right there in front of you, struggling in such a way that you can do absolutely nothing to help them. It's heartbreaking...

I thank the Lord every. single. night. for the health and safety He gives my family. I can't even begin to think about sleeping until I've done it and, once I get started saying thanks, it's hard to find a place to stop. I look at my life and all that I am so blessed to have and I am just SO humbled that the Lord would entrust me with such things. How could He when he knows my faults, my shortcomings, the places in which I fail daily. How could He give me such delicate, perfect blessings and not expect me to utterly disappoint Him. 

...

Thank you, Lord, for the many, many intricately woven parts of my life that you knit together so perfectly. Our home. The business. Our families. Every single opportunity. The four handsome, doting boys that Glen and I have been blessed with. I could never even begin to love them the way you do but, I'll spend my life trying. Thank you, thank you, thank you.



| OUTFIT DETAILS |

Duster Cardigan | similar here
Embroidered Dress | Umgee (available here on Ebay)
Laser Cut Ankle Booties | old from Magnolia Boutique (also love these + these)

We're headed into another night over here and mama is prayyyying that it goes so much better than last night did. Please send all the prayers and positive vibes our way friends! Happy sleeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment