Tuesday, December 5, 2017

My 8 Fave Beauty Products Right Now



I've recently tried a couple of new beauty products to make my morning routine a little quicker + easier and I've been pleasantly surprised by how well they're working for me! I've never been one to spend hours layering on makeup and I really don't want to start now. But, I have always tried to do a semi-good job at covering blemishes and making myself feel more "put together".

One thing I've always struggled with, but have never really tried to remedy, is my eyebrows. I'm a pretty light blonde. Not super light but, nowhere close to being brunette. So, my eyebrows and lashes have always been fairly light as well. It's kind of a pain and so, recently, I've been looking for products to use that help define and make them stand out a bit more. I think I may have actually found a few things I love.


Physician's Formula, Inc., Feather Brow, Brunette, 0.021 oz (0.6 g)

Literally all you do is swipe it on and then highlight your brow line. That's it. I used to gel then powder my  brows to fill them in a bit. Not a ton, as you can tell from my outfit posts, I don't like them to be super dark or unnaturally thick. I just want them to be consistent and visible. This does the trick perfectly for me. I've been using it on days that I'm just at home as well to give myself a little self-esteem boost (and so I don't scare the UPS and Mail Carrier so much..). 


Hard Candy Color Correct Expert Creme, 0.17 oz

My skin has been unusually touchy lately and that means (unfortunately) more breakouts than I'm used to having. (Maybe it's a getting older thing, maybe it's a post-nursing thing? I dunno..) I found this and decided to try it out and it works surprisingly well! The green is supposed to cancel out deep red and I've used it to cover some pretty embarrassing spots the past few months. All I do is dot it where needed, use a brush to smooth it out (not too much though) then cover with a normal nude correcting concealer and bam. Done. I usually use it as a beginning step in my makeup routine and then, sometimes I'll dot again at the end if my brushes have smoothed it a bit too much. 


Smart Shade Skintone Matching Pressed Powder, Light [100] 0.20 oz, #100 Light By Almay

This is a great, easy to apply and blend pressed powder and I love how natural it looks. It's not heavy but it controls oil well also. Perfect for my just, unordinary skin situation right now. But, I'll probably continue using it in the future as well! I used to use Flower brand powder foundation and, while I really loved it, it seemed like it didn't always last very long, depending on what I was doing. This is great in that respect. 


Flower D.B. Daily Brightening Undereye Cover Creme, 0.34 oz, Light

I love this stuff. I've been using it for a few months now and it's just now about time to replace it. Just one swipe under your eye gives you a good amount and, after a little blending with a brush, provides cover and concealer for those dark undereye circles all day. I usually blend it in and then swipe the brush on my eyelids for a little extra coverage there as well. 


Maybelline New York The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette 0.34 oz (Pack of 2)

This is the perfect color palette for seriously any look. I use the third from the left, top row and second from the right, top row as my everyday shades and add the second from the right, bottom row to highlight my brow/upper lid. It's very natural looking but, again, gives me that feeling of "put togetherness" I need to keep my feeling great about myself. Love this.


Rimmel London Kate 001 Golden Sands Sculpting Palette, 0.65 oz

I recently purchased this and I love how it looks after being applied. I don't do any heavy sculpting/contouring, still yet, I've been very happy with the results of using this. I apply a light layer of 2 on my cheek bone, around my forehead, on the sides of my nose and under my jaw line. Really, a light layer. Then I brush some of 3 on the sides of my cheeks and highlight with number 1 on the tops of my cheeks, top of my nose (swipe down the front) and my chin. Simple and makes a nice impact on the shape of my face.


Physicians Formula Powder Palette? Color Corrective Powders - Light Bronzer

Lastly, this is my favorite bronzer right now. I bought it just before our trip to Hawaii to make getting ready a little easier while there and it does the trick. I just brush a little on my cheeks and I'm good to go. I don't use it often, if I'm using the contour palette above then I forgo this step. But, if I want to get together quickly (in the morning before hunting, on days I'm just staying home..) then I use this and I'm set. It gives me a little color and helps me feel less, blah. lol


EcoTools Bamboo Makeup Brush 5-Piece Travel Collection Set

Also, these are my favorite makeup brushes. I use the second largest to blend my concealer, the largest I use for contouring/blush/bronzer, and the small flat one I use to blend in my eyeliner when it feels a bit too sharp. Love these brushes and they're so soft on my skin. 

So, anyway, those are my most recent beauty picks and I use them all so often. If you're on the lookout for something new to try or just aren't happy with your current routine, I hope you'll find something useful here. Have a very blessed week and I hope you're making lots of headway on your Christmas shopping lists! Only about THREE weeks left!!

No comments:

Post a Comment